Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
36,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sounds like Jesse's really upset that if Obama wins he'll overturn Jesse's position as Chief African-American. A sane person would think that beating the tar out of a white student wouldn't make 6 black students victims and martyrs but that's too white for Jesse when he's fighting off a contender.

September 20, 2007

Greg Pierce, Washington Times

- 'Acting white'

The Rev. Jesse Jackson sharply criticized presidential hopeful Sen. Barack Obama, Illinois Democrat, for "acting like he's white" in what Mr. Jackson said has been a tepid response to six black juveniles' arrests on attempted-murder charges in Jena, La., according to the State newspaper in South Carolina.

"If I were a candidate, I'd be all over Jena," Mr. Jackson said after an hourlong speech at Columbia's historically black Benedict College.

"Jena is a defining moment, just like Selma was a defining moment," Mr. Jackson said, referring to the historic 1965 civil rights march in Selma, Ala.

Later, Mr. Jackson said he did not recall making the "acting like he's white" comment about Mr. Obama, stressing he only wanted to point out the candidates had not seized on an opportunity to highlight the disproportionate criminal punishments black youths often face.

Mr. Obama's South Carolina campaign pointed to a statement it released last week in which Mr. Obama called on the local Louisiana district attorney to drop what the senator called excessive charges brought in the case.

Yesterday, Mr. Jackson issued a statement saying the newspaper had "taken out of context" his words and commending Mr. Obama "for speaking out and demanding fairness on this defining issue."

"Any attempt to dilute my support for Senator Obama will not succeed," said Mr. Jackson, who endorsed Mr. Obama in March.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
59,970 Posts
Does not look white.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Don't know the particulars of the case in Jena, but it looks like there is a good reason to stay away from it. Of course, Jackson would defend any liar or hoaxster so long as it advanced his image.

Still, I wouldn't mind if Obama started wearing blue jeans with a ghetto sag just barely hanging onto his rump. Baseball caps backwards or cocked to one side.

I think he should start wearing very heavy winter coats all the time too, regardless of temperature. Ones with garish sports logos on them. Sunglasses, regardless of day, night, or cloud cover.

He should take more time to insure that his speeches ryhme and have a lyrical quality.

Hillary, as a countermeasure, should embrace her "inner hippie" with all the clothing and speech changes that would entail.

Edwards should just start cross-dressing.

Truth in advertising, I say!

·
Silver Bullet member
36,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How about Hillary addressing her inner fashion sense? And writing a best selling diet book promoting Bulemia for weight loss?

·
Silver Bullet member
34,489 Posts
The "Jena 6" brouhaha is basically just an excuse for JJ to play the race card, stir up the black folks, and get media attention. Oh, and donations.

What happened is this - a group of whites on the campus of Jena High School liked to hang out in one particular area, under a particular tree. A group of blacks approached the whites saying that they wanted to hang out under the tree, too. The whites responded by hanging three nooses from the tree.

Shortly thereafter, six blacks attacked and severely beat a white student. They were all charged with battery and attempted murder, and properly so. JJ is fanning this into a "racial" incident because the blacks were charged while the group of whites was not. Well, under Louisiana law, a person can hang a noose from a tree if he wants to, as long as he doesn't actually try to hang someone. At the same time, under Louisiana law, attacking and beating someone without provocation is assault. What could be simpler?

However, laws not withstanding, JJ is screaming that the blacks have been wrongfully charged because... well, because they're black. The truth is that they were charged because they attacked a student and beat the living sh*t out of him.

So JJ and Fat Al Sharpton ginned up this massive rally. Just to make sure they had plenty of bodies on hand, they bused in college students from all over. These people can't, or won't, see that JJ and Al are using them to draw attention to themselves (JJ and Al).

OTOH, I understand that the rally was very peaceful, even congenial, and that the people who came to it even picked up behind themselves. So I can't fault the people, just JJ and Al for using them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts