Gunboards Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Silver Bullet member
323 Posts
Has anyone received an invoice yet from this last auction? In previous auctions I received my invoice the very next day.

· Silver Bullet member
323 Posts
Did anyone receive their rifles or an invoice yet from this auction?

· Registered
139 Posts
No.

I'm still waiting for my mauser and daudetau. I had never heard of Nye county until this auction, and the latest news report on the sex tape found in the desert. I meant to call this past week but,,, well,,, I forgot. Hopefully, we'll see them this week!

· Silver Bullet member
323 Posts
Well I finally received my invoice in my email this morning. I called and spoke with one of the guys at Nye County Auction and they are only about half way through selling off this guy's collection. Next one is scheduled for November 3rd.

· Registered
46 Posts
I too received an Invoice this morning. A week and a half after I paid my bill. The invoice was at a higher price then I had already paid. I called Nye Auctions to see what was up. They said that the invoice came from Proxibid and not Nye auctions even though the email address was a Nyeauctions.com address. I asked if my rifles had shipped. The guy at Nye Auctions said I had to call the Acme Pawn shop. The number that they gave me answered "Acme Feed". Turns out that Acme is a Feed store / Pawn shop!! Anyway as it turns out my rifles were shipped out on Sept 26th. The tracking number turned out to be a Parcel Post Comfirmation number. I paid $75 for three rifles to be shipped the slowest possible way with no real tracking information.

· Gold Bullet Member
1,376 Posts
They had a large ammo auction last week. I was there. I left 4 hours later in disgust. The ammo was being bidded through the roof! This was part of Darnels ammo collection. Every type of ammo you could think of, a lot of very collectable. Saw some German marked WWII boxes of 6.5 ammo. Never saw that before.

I did win two auctions however. I don't know if I got a good deal or not. Got ten boxes or Privi Partisan 303 Brit (200 rounds), and five boxes of Hansen 6.5x55 Swede (100 rounds). Once I paid all the fees, the 300 rounds of ammo set me back $102.20 (plus $45.00 dollars in gas to drive forever in the desert).

The bidding was fast and furious. I missed two good buys (I thought), but I was too damn slow getting my number up in the air. The guy two chairs down from me was buying at least half the ammo being sold. By the time I left the auction, he must have spent over $15,000.

There was a ton of 8mm, and a lot of 7.62x39 and 7.62x54r. At least half of the 54r was on strippers. There were many unopened tins of ammo. Some were marked "surprise" tin, because there were no markings. They did not open any of the tins that were sealed.
There was also a ton of 30-06 in Garand clips, and full cloth belts of 30-06 in cans.

Also a lot of 308 NATO. the 308 NATO went for a bunch of money.

Supposed to be at least two more ammo auctions, but you gotta be there. No Internet bidding becasue of shipping costs. I can tell you this: Pahrump, Nevada is in the absolute middle of no-where. It's an hour and a half north of Vegas.

Kind regards, ARG

· Registered
46 Posts
My rifles showed up today. left on my door step. Box is marked from Acme General store. Three rifles in socks. Two of the rifles have the test fired cartridge still attached.

Robert

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.