Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bag is relatively square: about 12.5x12.5.... The sides obviously flare out a bit since it is filled with water. It is made out of very thick rubber, not plastic and is in near mint unissued condition...
The round cap for the filling nozzle sits on the bottom of the pack when worn and has a pressure valve against which you can press the opening of the canteen to fill it. I'm not sure if there was an accesory nozzle to be attached, or whether canteens or other vessels were filled directly. There is little literature...possible in the manual for the Verpflegungsdienst?
The grey Koppeltragegestell or y-strap suspenders are attached via clasp hooks, allowing the bag to be worn as a backpack. The Y straps are of the later variety, with the circular patch holding the three straps together, as opposed to the earlier variation which used the heart shaped patch.
I'd like 20.00 including shipping to the lower US 48, Hawaii, Alasaka and International will be more.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have sold those for quite a while-- they are neat and very usable on camping trips--I only have 1 left.......

·
Registered
541 Posts
I've a few myself, one was quite useful during field exercises and events.

Used to find these stacked in surplus/outdoor shops for cheap.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
That's where I bought the few I have...a local guy was selling them for 19.99 each, but sad he'd give me a deal if i bought a few...so for the 10 I bought, he knocked 'em down to 12.00
I could have gotten a better deal, but the shop is a real surplus place...few and far between nowadays...and I don't know how much he paid for them...so therein lies the rub. I'd also trade for other stuff if anyone is interested...I just don't need that many of them..to be honest....so there are about 8 left that i need to move...otherwise my girlfriend will kill me for having bought them...
MsG.
-d

R

·
0 Posts
Would you happen to have any without a spot of rust on the metal parts? If you do, I'll get one.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"without a spot of rust" is an impossibility. The spots are about the size of pin-head...and are only surface rust...the only places where there is a trace of rust would be on the hooks where they would have attached to the Koppeltragegestell...and are minimal at worst. They are not "rusty" by any means.
If you are interested, drop me a PM. I've also emailed you directly, as i have your contact info from my site.
MsG.
-dan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts