Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on fox right now, NRA leaders being sued. for miss useing NRA funds over years and totaling millions of dollars.

·
Gold Bullet Member/Moderator
25,905 Posts
The only thing shocking about this is that it didn't happen sooner.

·
Registered
987 Posts
It is about politics and gun control. The Clinton Foundation should have been sued for the exact same thing but New York's lacks the political will.

·
Registered
138 Posts
You forgot to include the most important fact.................the New York Attorney General wants to DISBAND the NRA, an organization that's been around since 1871. Doesn't matter that they provided untold assistance to the shooting world (including the government) and that the governing board is responsible, not the members. Oh, no..........we'll just tear them apart. Right before the election. Hmmmm.

Trump has already said that he told the NRA to move to Texas years ago. They should have listened. Right now, over 64 million dollars has been squandered by LaPierre and company IN LESS THAN THREE YEARS. They need to be prosecuted, made to pay back the money and the organization left alone to reorganize, stronger than before.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Whom, exactly, is suing?? Bet it is not a ground swell of NRA members, nor a pro-gun organization. I do not know if the NRA leadership is corrupt or pure as driven snow--I do believe that if any person/group stays in power for a long time, they get a feeling of "entitlement". NRA is no different. So Wayne LaPierre must go for the good of the NRA as well as the fight to keep the rapidly- diminishing RKBA--

That said, PLEASE support the NRA's Institute for Legislative Action and Political Action Committee! No need to point out the importance to gun-owners of the up-coming election. The NRA is still the 800lb gorilla in the room as far as pro-gun organizations go. We need to help them to win this election--

·
Banned
81 Posts
To heck with the nra and its leaders. They have been raping their members for many years and I no longer support them! Besides, what have they done for you lately to protect your gun rights that is not covered in the constitution?

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
94,701 Posts
You forgot to include the most important fact.................the New York Attorney General wants to DISBAND the NRA, an organization that's been around since 1871. Doesn't matter that they provided untold assistance to the shooting world (including the government) and that the governing board is responsible, not the members. Oh, no..........we'll just tear them apart. Right before the election. Hmmmm.

Trump has already said that he told the NRA to move to Texas years ago. They should have listened. Right now, over 64 million dollars has been squandered by LaPierre and company IN LESS THAN THREE YEARS. They need to be prosecuted, made to pay back the money and the organization left alone to reorganize, stronger than before.
Well, NY state authorities may get remedy they seek, though likely to take a long time. Also seems to me they are over-reaching, trying for a remedy greatly in excess of what is needed even if facts alleged are proved.

LaPierre et cie have (JMO) rather looted the organization, and ought to be in a heap of trouble personally. And the Directors (individually and as a body - and whoever has the Director's Liability coverage) may be as well.

Whom, exactly, is suing?? Bet it is not a ground swell of NRA members, nor a pro-gun organization. I do not know if the NRA leadership is corrupt or pure as driven snow--I do believe that if any person/group stays in power for a long time, they get a feeling of "entitlement". NRA is no different. So Wayne LaPierre must go for the good of the NRA as well as the fight to keep the rapidly- diminishing RKBA--

That said, PLEASE support the NRA's Institute for Legislative Action and Political Action Committee! No need to point out the importance to gun-owners of the up-coming election. The NRA is still the 800lb gorilla in the room as far as pro-gun organizations go. We need to help them to win this election--
Who is suing? NY State Attorney General. Female, anti-2A/RKBA type.

·
Gold Bullet Member
523 Posts
Ditto what Estaban said. I was NRA when I was 12 in 1956, and Life Member in 1969. Sad they screwed themselves with greed.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
But truly Mr. La Pierre, Russia does want its citizens to own guns! smooch smooch DOH!

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Anyone connected to any graft, fraud or corruption needs to have the light of the law brought to bear. They should be banned, shunned and made to pay restitution.........

BUT..........

Dissolve the entire organization? What the *@%^ did the members themselves do? Nothing, so reorganize with new safeguards and make it bigger and better than before. Make it an organization with REAL clout to put the fear of God in anti gunners.

The more I think about it, maybe combine ALL the pro gun groups under one umbrella. Then feel the power against anti gun legislation, or anyone who dares mess with the second amendment.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
61,569 Posts

Nice, but I doubt if LaPierre and the others have the personal assets to repay the money.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
61,569 Posts
Well, NY state authorities may get remedy they seek, though likely to take a long time. Also seems to me they are over-reaching, trying for a remedy greatly in excess of what is needed even if facts alleged are proved.

LaPierre et cie have (JMO) rather looted the organization, and ought to be in a heap of trouble personally. And the Directors (individually and as a body - and whoever has the Director's Liability coverage) may be as well.

Who is suing? NY State Attorney General. Female, anti-2A/RKBA type.
I would make it a point to go after the directors. They had the power to prevent it but did not.

1 - 20 of 211 Posts