Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
8,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Keisling pictured this model but he did not have a surviving scabbard to ilustrate

It was unidentified and picked up for $35..I imagine the scabbard may be harder to find than the bayonet : )

EDIT: Well now, those pics sure are tiny!

They were from the auction..it is the model with a fuller and a circle Z on riccaso

·
Silver Bullet member
8,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Carl,Thank you..love your site

I diddnt see it under Germany but you did have a Plumb double edged 1899 with a crimped scabbard under Serbia (German used)

Would the 1899 in Kiesling #154 Pg. 428 complete addition have the same type scabbard? the bayonet I found is marked in the exact way as kiesling's...John

·
Silver Bullet member
8,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gentlemen, here are some pictures of the bayonet ..

It has been sharpened but looks like long ago...may have seen a good bit of cleaning and it sports some green paint splatter (Shameful I know all to well)..the grips have dried and shrunk a hair with a wee bit of wobble and the press stud was frozen...I held the blade and rapped it smartly against the barn door and it was fixed.

Blade Length: ................................ 28cm

Riccaso: .............................. 2.5cm

Blade thickness at guard:....... .5cm

Muzzle ring: ..........................1.5cm

·
Silver Bullet member
8,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you Andy..Sorry to belabor the point..It wasnt listed under Mexican in Keisling but one very much like it was under Serbia so I was confused

1 - 9 of 9 Posts