Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Admin Emeritus
19,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have opened the Mosin Nagant sling section at www.mosinnagant.net last nite. It is only partially constructed and not even close to be complete but it is workable as of now. There will be sub-sections coming in the next week for the sub guns and lmg's like the DP-27 and SKS and SVT. It should have about 100+ pictures when finished instead of the 60 or so there now. The Finn section will be comparable.

When this is done I will then put up the Finnish side and it will be detailing the m/91/24,27,28 and 39 slings as well as some sub gun and lmg's as well as some foreign used items in the same format and detail. Both sections will have some charts etc.. on length and width for ease of ID.

If I can get motivated I'll have the ammo pouch section up by spring along with the ammo section in the Finnish heading.

http://www.mosinnagant.net/USSR/RussianComblocslings.asp

Check it out and when I'm done if you have something to add or I missed let me know.

·
Gold Bullet member
13,133 Posts
Excellent! Just excellent. Thanks Vic!

·
Registered
961 Posts
An excellent source of information perfectly presented with clear photos.

THANK YOU VIC

·
Registered
940 Posts
Thank you for making this new section.

The more I collect, the larger need I have for more, and more specific, information about accessories. I have just finished a m91 restoration (except for hand guard), so the sling section comes just at the right time.

Thank you again.

CDFingers

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,549 Posts
What does an original M1907 sling look like? I have a sling that I have always thought was either a M1907 or very early M38 sling. It is all leather, no buckle, both ends sewn, carbine length with the long early dog collars. Input? I will try to post a pic tonight. I have only ever seen the one so whatever it is it's not common.

Also, it is really good to see pictures of those early leather Russian 91/30-dragoon slings. I have a couple exactly like that which some have said were eastern block "whatever"-istan slings. I have always thought they were early Russian slings and have had them on my dragoons.

Thanks for all the work, great job Vic.

·
Admin Emeritus
19,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Man you have to adjust the color on your monitor-they are tan in color.

·
Gold Bullet Member
2,191 Posts
Thanks, Boss. The section looks great. :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.