Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The bottom one I've had for 10+ yrs...bought new...never a ftf or a fte...countless rds through it (likes WOLF)

Bought the 2nd newer style on a whim today...newer has "stippled" grip...flatter decocker (actually prefer the raised decocker on the old one)...and has the accessory rail for laser/light unlike the old style one.

Newer style also has a more rounded trigger guard than the old one.

Be damned if I know what happened...was looking at a '38 Tula 91/30 and wound up coming home with the new style P95.

Newer style is used but not abused...$285 out the door.
Been wanting one of the newer style ones since they came out...:D

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I sold an older one a while back, and an old p97 that were work horses, and out of the blue, I bought a new model p95 a couple months ago, and had it less than one hour before my dad walked up, liked it and left with it. Well, you only get one dad, so what if takes a gun or two a year? Some day I'll wish he was around to take em. Still hurts that he hit me up for a kel tec p11, a p3at, a glock 36, Auto ordinance 1911, and the p95 in the last 3 yrs. I haven't even kept that many.

Got the 36 back though.

·
Silver Bullet member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow! Good son!

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I had a P95DC. Loved it. No problems of any kind. Picked up a CZ-75B and found that performance wise, it was the Belle of the Ball. At the time I was strapped so I sold the P95.
Later I picked up an M9 Beretta; performance relegated the CZ to the sell column.
My carry guns are .45s--1911s.

I've always wanted a Ruger .45acp but they were very high (for me anyway). A local shop had a nice used one (P90) w/holster and 2 mags for less than 300 out the door. I have not had time to take her out yet, but I am very happy to have it.

You simply can not beat the Ruger P series--they are reliable, easy to handle and most of all affordable to regular working folks.

Used P95s around here start around 259; NIB start at 299.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts