Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Back, tired, and had a decent sale. As usual the most fun was seeing many old friends and meeting some new ones. Between here and Ted's forum I saw several members and LOTS of rare Mosins.

Saw Dennis, Ted, Joe, DtMosin, DeanDallas, Radom, hendere, jleiper, and others. Dennis and Ted pointed a wrongly described item on my table (was I embarrassed!) and I was glad no one had taken my word for it and bought it prior to that time. Visited with jleiper and would have had even more fun if I had any idea what in the heck he was talking about most of the time. Can you say encyclopedia? Visiting with him about Russian guns is as intimidating as talking to John Wall about Mausers.... Lots of fun in the little time I had to wander as I was selling this trip.

MANY rare Mosins. Trials rifles, 1891 pressure test rifle, very limited production models, many ultra rare bayonets, M27 rv carbine, SA M38, early Dragoon, just amazing. All known to the sellers and priced accordingly. OTH, I saw fewer rare Mausers than in any recent sale I attended; few Vz 24's other than beater Romanian contract models, not a lot of SA contract Mausers, but a few priced all over the place. Some Swedes, but many less than in the past, still decent numbers except for carbines. I perceived less k98 types (even RC), but that might just be me as I did not get to look as thoroughly as usual. Loads of Garands, with few selling. Had a couple of M1D's that few even looked at. Dozens of 03-A3's,Lots of Japs, no longer the forgotten WWII weapons as prices continue to rise. Ammo a little easier on the wallet than last sale.

That is it. Good sale and your Constitution in action :thumbsup:

·
Platinum Bullet member
223 Posts
Befus,
It was great visiting with you at the show. This really was one of the better Tulsa shows for the number of Finnish Mosins on the tables and with walk-ins. But, what was extraordinary was the number of rare Mosin rifles that you could gaze at.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
3,050 Posts
Befus,
It was great visiting with you at the show. This really was one of the better Tulsa shows for the number of Finnish Mosins on the tables and with walk-ins. But, what was extraordinary was the number of rare Mosin rifles that you could gaze at.
Befus, it is the same here, glad to have met you.

Heck it was good to see so many good members of Gunboards there. One member from Iowa came by & reminded me that
we first met 13 years ago in Tulsa.

We had a good show in Tulsa nothing like the misery weekend in Dallas we had last time.

Man it was so bad, the dealers were throwing rocks at one another.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.