Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
... a model 43 I'm told. It's La Coruna crested, non import marked 1945 dated. Pretty nice shape and there's even a little tiger striping in the stock. Bore's in good shape too. The stock is lighter than this pic shows...

Herr Messer caught the problem with this picture. It's not really a left handed Mauser! I had shot pics from a number of angles and this one was originally upside down. Instead of rotating right twice I tried the "flip" feature in my editing software not realizing I was creating a reversed image.:eek: Herr Messer observed the side sling attachments were "missing."

Well then, here's a correct view. Shows the nice stock better too. :)

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I gave $93 for it at a yard sale.

I'm told the early year is less common. Any significance in the low serial number (295)?

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,454 Posts
Cool yard sale rifle. Those deals are the best!! I like the knots in the butt stock. They give it a lot of character.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
23,296 Posts
The serial number actually includes the "C" prefix, so it is "C295". The serial numbers were assigned in blocks of 9999 with a letter or number/letter prefix. So yours was the 295 rifles assigned a serial number in the C block. The C block assignments overlapped from 1945 to 1946. I have C227 that is dated 1945, and C9319 that is dated 1946.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Good looking rifle. I noticed that doesn't have the side sling swivel on it. Rad
:confused:Must be an optical delusion 'cause it's got one!
oh.
Wait a minute.

I think I know what happened. I took a number of shots from odd angles and in playing with the photo editing to upright upside down views, I tried "vertical" or "horizontal flip" instead of rotate right/left. That's probably just a mirror image.:eek:

There's the stapled loop in the buttstock and the side loop on the band like a vz. I'll get another pic tomorrow.

·
Registered
658 Posts
That's cool...a left-handed Mauser! The first Mauser I ever owned came from a yard sale for $50. Bubba had gotten ahold of it but only modified the stock...the barrelled action was still original. I wish I still had that gun, but in one of my dumber moves I gave it to my mom to give to my brother-in-law who gave it to my brother who traded it for something. Too bad it didn't make the full circle.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Corrected photo posted in original post above.
Thanks Rad, :~)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.