Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my K31 today. The one I had been looking at was gone, it had the best stock, I picked the next best one, however it was a 1952 instead of an earlier one. I have determined it has a Hammerli barrel and a SIG reciever. There are two markings I'm not sure of, one is on the sight base, an S over a small v inside a circle. Also I found what is clearly, 3 seperate "heart" stamps under the reciever, maybe some type of proof? I have deciphered that the rifle belonged to a Mortar Corpral from Luzern. Barrel is excellent, Bluing is very good except for a little wear on the back of the reciever as can be expected. Bought some Hornady and GP 11 ammunition, they had lots of GP 11, can't wait to shoot it. Thanks,

The Mauser Kid

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Heart

I'm going to make a hypothesis and say that the heart stamp is an inspection or proof of stock to barreled action fit. I think this is correct by the fact that there is the same marking on the metal lug inside the stock, the face of which, contact the reciever, which is critical for accuracy. This was probably very important also because the stock was made in 48 and is numbered to the rifle, which means it sat for four years before being used. Any idea why this was done?

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

All I'm saying is I've already looked at all the k31 sights I could find, nothing about the markings I described.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts