Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to be registered as "PeteSlinn", but I don't seem to be able to get the password reminder e-mail.

I've entered my address on the lost e-mail page about 6 times over the last day or so, but received no e-mail so registered using my other e-mail address so I can post this.

I'd like to keep that username if possible, any chance an admin could check if the e-mail has been sent or, failing that, delete that account so I can re-register, please?

Cheers :)

PS the email address on that account is <something>@lycos.co.uk

·
Registered
524 Posts
Same here.....had to make a new ID just to post this....once I registered I got my confirmation email in less the 2 minutes....I still haven't gotten one from my original ID.

·
Administrator
19,249 Posts
Bad e-mail address's

:mad:

I can tell you in helping guys with issues and COPPA settings that 8-10 people that have had issues with login or getting the activation e-mail are those who have a old e-mail address no longer in use, a bad e-mail entered with a mistake or simply a bogus e-mail set up. It is maddening to have a guy shake the finger at you on how the site sucks and how messed up things are and he's leaving etc.. etc... and I go look and he can't login or reset his password because his e-mail entered is something like [email protected] or something. It is essential that you have a valid email here as we can contact you about settings changes and so forth that way or if you have to change your e-mail or password you'll need it then. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
9,941 Posts
I used to be registered as "PeteSlinn", but I don't seem to be able to get the password reminder e-mail.

I've entered my address on the lost e-mail page about 6 times over the last day or so, but received no e-mail so registered using my other e-mail address so I can post this.

I'd like to keep that username if possible, any chance an admin could check if the e-mail has been sent or, failing that, delete that account so I can re-register, please?

Cheers :)

PS the email address on that account is <something>@lycos.co.uk
I fixed it. Check the PM's on this account for the password.
Your email address was valid it just did not get the note for some reason.

·
Gold Bullet member
378 Posts
Just a heads up .... :)

If you are a Microsoft Hotmail user, Google Gmail user, or something similar, you may not find the validation email in your in-box. Hotmail (and similar free type services) agressively try to deal with spam, so they often put validation emails into your trash bin, so check there if you can't find it in your in-box.

If you can't find any of the validation emails which are automatically sent, you can manually force the system to send you one to the email address you registered under. Click HEREhttp://forums.gunboards.com/register.php?do=requestemail to manually view and send yourself another validation email. Note: This must be the email address you registered under.

Hope this helps a few people who may have problems finding the validation emails.

Regards,
Badger

I

·
0 Posts
I also have tried multiple times to get my password reset on my original user name 'One of Many', and have been shown the message saying I will receive an email with the new login, which still has not arrived. I receive all of my normal email on that account, which is several messages each day; it is an active account, but no message from Gunboards has been received. I even tried to use the contact us link on Gunboards, and still no response.

The private message system to reach an administrator does not work if you can not log in. My old user name 'One of Many' is still shown on the user list, and the system recognized my primary email address as a valid address when I asked for a password reset, but no message was received with the new login.

So here I am, having just created a new user name and password, for the sole purpose of getting someone's attention to fix this problem, and what do I see? An Administrator blaming a system failure on users having bad email accounts. There is nothing wrong with my email account; there definitely is something wrong with the password reset function on the new board.

I would like to keep my old user name, which is 'One of Many', and have the password reset for that account; when that matter is cleared up, I will have no need for this new user account, and it can be deleted.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
I had the same problem,But I was wanting a new name anyway . Great work Guy's !AND FAST TOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
9,941 Posts
I sent a PM to you with new password

I also have tried multiple times to get my password reset on my original user name 'One of Many', and have been shown the message saying I will receive an email with the new login, which still has not arrived. I receive all of my normal email on that account, which is several messages each day; it is an active account, but no message from Gunboards has been received. I even tried to use the contact us link on Gunboards, and still no response.

The private message system to reach an administrator does not work if you can not log in. My old user name 'One of Many' is still shown on the user list, and the system recognized my primary email address as a valid address when I asked for a password reset, but no message was received with the new login.

So here I am, having just created a new user name and password, for the sole purpose of getting someone's attention to fix this problem, and what do I see? An Administrator blaming a system failure on users having bad email accounts. There is nothing wrong with my email account; there definitely is something wrong with the password reset function on the new board.

I would like to keep my old user name, which is 'One of Many', and have the password reset for that account; when that matter is cleared up, I will have no need for this new user account, and it can be deleted.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I used to be Z71, now I'm 17Z!:confused:

Couldn't get my validation email either after countless tries! Re-registered with a backwards username and my daughters email.

I checked my email, it's good. I got a validation email last change(didn't work, had to get help then too), but I got one when we changed middle of last month

Oh well. Maybe in a month or so after it all settles down. I'll plead on this forum to get my Z71 handle back.

I'm ok for now, may like being backwards!:cool: Help the other guys

But, yes, definately a problem for some people to get their verifacation emails! Have to re-register to get on.

·
Gold Bullet member
378 Posts
Another heads up .... :)

If you are logged in and can't remember what password you used, you can manually manually force the system to send you another forgot password email, click HEREhttp://forums.gunboards.com/login.php?do=lostpw.

Note: This must be the email address you registered under.

Hope this helps a few people who may have problems finding their new password.

Regards,
Badger

·
Premium Member
9,941 Posts
I sent a PM to this account with reset password to Z71

I used to be Z71, now I'm 17Z!:confused:

Couldn't get my validation email either after countless tries! Re-registered with a backwards username and my daughters email.

I checked my email, it's good. I got a validation email last change(didn't work, had to get help then too), but I got one when we changed middle of last month

Oh well. Maybe in a month or so after it all settles down. I'll plead on this forum to get my Z71 handle back.

I'm ok for now, may like being backwards!:cool: Help the other guys

But, yes, definately a problem for some people to get their verifacation emails! Have to re-register to get on.

·
Administrator
19,249 Posts
PM me witjh new info

Let me know the username and password you want to keep with the email address for the account. Then tell me what to delete-which username in a PM and I'll handle this.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Vic & Tuco,
Thank you very much for helping me get back in. You guys are the greatest. Thanks for all the hard work.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Me too! Thanks.

I like being Z71, but truely the info and comraderie of the boards are more important.

I guess 17Z can be expunged/expelled/deleted from the user list. Heck! Maybe somebody else might need to be 17Z or something.

Again, Thanks gentlemen. I truely appreciate the help. And fixing all us gunowners up with a fine set of forums to use.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks!

Thanks, tuco!

Now I'm back in action :)

No idea why that e-mail wasn't getting to me, but thanks for taking the time to sort me out

·
Gold Bullet member
61 Posts
Need to whitelist gunboards.com

Due to the many emails sent in the last couple of months that were bogus "password verification" messages, many spam filters have marked almost any message with "password" in the header as spam.

You need to whitelist "[email protected]" or just the domain "gunboards.com" in your mail settings (if using a web browser) or contact your mail provider and have them whitelist them.

If I weren't an administrator on our Barracuda filter, I wouldn't have found and known about it either.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks - Tuco and Vic

I am now able to login as One of Many.

Tuco, I tried to send you a PM as you requested, but was told you did not have PM enabled. I was able to PM Vic.

User name Incognito has served it's purpose, and can be deleted, at your convenience.

Thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts