Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry this ain't Japanese related, but I thought it important enough to post here for we Californians, and it might be entertaining for everyone else in watching the stupidity we experience here in this state:

AB 1471, the microstamping idiocy, is on Arnie's desk now. He has vetoed some bad bills before. We need help from anyone and everyone to register opposition. You can do it easily for the price of a long distance call. You don't have to speak to anyone. It's entirely automated.CALL Gov's Sac number (916-445-2841) Press 1 - for EnglishPress 2 - for Voice your opinion on Assembly Bills Press 1 - for Micro Stamping Bill (AB1471)Press 2 to OPPOSE the gun control bill.AB 1471 is at the top of the heap, so we need to flood the automated system with as much opposition as we can. Tell your friends. Every call out here counts.

AB 821 is also on his desk - This is the lead ammo ban.... this will seriously affect hunters and outdoor shooters if this is signed into law. This isn't one of the automatic response bills though, you need to actually get through the system and talk to a person.

Californians, make those calls - and get your friends and family to do so too. Don't let this state go down this road and set a precedent for other states.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
My question is somewhat rhetorical and tongue-in-cheek otherwise, but why would any self-respecting gun owner continue to voluntarily live in CA? I can understand those who may reside there for employment reasons, but why else?

C/

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My question is somewhat rhetorical and tongue-in-cheek otherwise, but why would a self-respective gun owner continue to voluntarily live in CA? I can understand those who may reside there for employment reasons, but why else?

C/
Well, yeah, employment. Granted, California is one of those places where within a few hours driving time, you can be in the mountains skiing, on a beach, in the desert, etc., and the weather is generally pretty good. Other than that, prices for gas and real estate are stunning and the politics is just something to behold.

A lot of non-Californians laugh at the state (and rightfully so, we've got issues....), but everyone should pay attention to the things going on here - my fear is that California could set a dangerous precedent by passing some of these stupid laws. There is another state currently looking at this micro-stamping nonsense too - watching California. Beware all, the cancer could spread.

badash5946 - Thanks!!

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
California is one of those places where within a few hours driving time, you can be in the mountains skiing, on a beach, in the desert, etc., and the weather is generally pretty good.
I suppose that's why a lot of disenchanted Californians discovered Nevada and relocated there. Nevada has many of the advantages of CA living, but with a lower cost of living, no state income tax, and better-protected 2nd Amendment rights.

My fear is that California could set a dangerous precedent by passing some of these stupid laws. There is another state currently looking at this micro-stamping nonsense too - watching California. Beware all, the cancer could spread.
I think MD has considered, or is considering, such "legislation." IMHO, the influence of CA social metastasis is actually lower now than it was in earlier (60s-80s) times. Many state legislatures have perceived the social initiatives of the CA political environment as being genuinely antithetic to their own values, especially those of the Southeastern US.

C/

·
Gold Bullet member
3,255 Posts
Family and friends also keeps me here. Plus Nevada doesn't have any coastal property ;)
Someday I might move to a diffrent state, but until then I'll keep answering "why do you live there" questions all the time.

As for the original topic, I've made the call from all the diffrent phone lines I have and alerted like minded friends and family.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,007 Posts
My question is somewhat rhetorical and tongue-in-cheek otherwise, but why would any self-respecting gun owner continue to voluntarily live in CA? I can understand those who may reside there for employment reasons, but why else?

C/
Employment is the ONLY reason. Yeah all that stuff Dieter mentions is nearby but they ain't no fun to go to with mobs of people jabbering in non-english languages.

Phone call made!

·
Gold Bullet member
6,110 Posts
Call made just now from Monroeville.
California is a great place to live, if we can somehow move out all the gun haters, to somehwere like, uh Hawaii ? Actually moving to Reno, NV is enticing. Great gun shows, shooting machine guns, no state income tax, and still can drive to the bay area for some good food.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
California is a great place to live, if we can somehow move out all the gun haters, to somehwere like, uh Hawaii ? Actually moving to Reno, NV is enticing. Great gun shows, shooting machine guns, no state income tax, and still can drive to the bay area for some good food.
I heard the bay area has some pretty decent seafood. How long would it take you to get from Reno to frisco?

·
Gold Bullet member
3,255 Posts
Seems to be around 4 hours on a good day; more depending on traffic and bad weather conditions.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Why don't you move all of the gun haters where they really belong - Britain...

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I dont think britain needs anymore gun haters. Just give the antigunners and liberals the southern part of california, break it off from the mainland so it can be its own country.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts

C/
If all sane people moved out of the state, then California will be going berzerk establishing bad precedents for the whole country. Hey, California folks, stand and fight (please)! My state, Maryland, has its looneys trying to run amuck, too.

·
Registered
477 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
I'd love to see all firearms manufacturers stop selling to law enforcement in California...
What would that accomplish? Under gunning police officers for the criminals?

Police / IRS Agents / Military / even ATF, do their job as they are told by gov't and regulation, usually not by a whim.... :confused:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts