Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
2,614 Posts
Edmond, in this case, as in most when we find a german gun manufactured otside Germany the quality is simply because the germans were either present in the fatory or had signed a cooperation agreement-This is the case, from mid 20's to 1936 Germany was closely associated with China, importing raw materials and exporting guns and technologie-Chiang Kai Shek was an anti communist general that, when ruled Taiwan, transforming the island into an industrial power didnt reach that status by ruling with a weak hand, his was not a democratic governement, and put in practice a three year plan that was intended to start
in 1936, when the germans opted for the japanese-Their closeness was such that the son of Chiang Kai Shek took military studies in Germany-

·
Registered
437 Posts
The Sino-Germany relationship in the 20s-30s was mostly commerce. China purchased arms from Germany and traded them with egg powder, sesame seeds, tungsten ore, antimony ore, etc.
In contrary to the common belief, German were not everywhere in China- especially not in the Ordnance Industry. A lot of Chinese ordnance personnel were educated abroad and owned PhD degrees, especially in the management ranks. The total number of the Advisor Corp to the Republic government never exceeds 100 at its peak.
The problem with the Ordnance Industry back then was that there was no supporting infrastructure in place, ie, no steel refinery, no chemical plants, no machinery plants, etc. Chinese knew how to do things but all the raw material had to be imported - even pure alcohol (a critical chemical for smokeless gunpowder production) had to be imported. That raised the cost and limited the output. The situation only changed after the Burma Road was cut off in the early 40s. China then switched its focus to the basic industry production capabilities and succeeded – without anyone’s help I may add. When the Communist took over, China had a basic industrial supporting infrastructure in place and the future looked very bright in the 50s until all the Mao driven movements kicked in.
I grew up in the 60s & 70s in Taiwan, I can tell you that the freedom we had then still far exceed China today.
Do you know?
Chinese today still can’t elect their City Mayors?
The Mayors are only second in command to the local Party Secretaries?

·
Gold Bullet member
2,614 Posts
A short political observation about chinese people able to elect representatives-
In most of the third world countries the majority of their population would exchange their rights to choose authorities for a good and stable economic situation , and this is the situation in continental China today

·
Registered
437 Posts
"In most of the third world countries the majority of their population would exchange their rights to choose authorities for a good and stable economic situation."

That is what those regimes tell their people. As long as regimes get away with that line, they will never change.

Experiences in Taiwan however showed that one can have both.

·
Diamond Member
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice Work...you Should Write A Book On Wwii And Pre Wwii Subguns...you Only Need Info And Pictures Of A Japanese T100...i Can Help

Happy New Year
Andy

I would be happy to post T 100 pictures and credit the source accordingly. For the time being, I want to share these informations with other firearms collectors and shooters, I don't plan to write a book yet. I was thinking of writing it once retired but it is not tomorrow. Or writing one when flying long distance, like I did in the past. Hoping to change my activity or the way I practice it this year.
Since I wrote about the early SMGs, I have heard of some rare pieces around the world and I have now gathered quite a lot of datas related to Bergmann. Unfortunately, I could find many informations including some in China but I could not locate anything about Bergmann himself and his family. Some help or simply pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. I am proficient with French, English, German, Spanish and Italian, I can decipher some other languages. so, any document is oK for me.

Happy 2008, you all!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts