Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,088 Posts
Too cool Matt. I may have asked before but is the M34 built using the M1896 Swede Mauser or the M98 Mauser? or?

·
Premium Member
105,713 Posts
It is based off the M98 action, with most being made by Francotte, but some made with others. I asked about this to Bokmal and that's what he told me.

That thing is just awesome looking. What does the bolt face and extractor look like? Can we see some more detailed pics of the inside of the receiver?

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is based off the M98 action, with most being made by Francotte, but some made with others. I asked about this to Bokmal and that's what he told me.

That thing is just awesome looking. What does the bolt face and extractor look like? Can we see some more detailed pics of the inside of the receiver?
I'll take some pictures later today. Here are a few of the receiver area I took when I disassembled it.

Attachments

·
Administrator
9,439 Posts
Whilst Francotte was major maker of Shotguns and "Saloon" Guns ( and also Rem.RBs in the 1800s) I doubt they would have retooled to make M98 actions.

IMO, they utilised Gew 98 Actions or New FN-made M30 actions, ( straight bolt handle) ( photo shows an FN Bolt Knob--Tear drop shape,) and did the Modifications needed for the Larger Rim on the bolt face and extractor, and also the TG for the Larger LS Mag.

Only the SECOND 7,62x53R Mauser ever assembled ( second to Paul Mauser's 1914 Russian Cavalry Carbine, Based on the over-all design of the M1909 Argy/M1905-8 Turk.). Francotte probably did the action and barrel work, and Tikka the final assembly and Magazine work. Being Proofed in Liege means that the Barrelled action was assembled there.

Nice one...I wonder how it shot?

Doc AV

G

·
I especially like the M1934. Seems a few have been popping up here and there. Francotte also provided Finland with M1930. Very nice rifle.

What about the Francotte M1930s in 7.62x53R. I believe Jarkko had posted Finland received 1,000 of them.

DocAV would this also count as a Mauser in 7.62x53R? Thus making the M1934 the third Mauser in 7.62x53R? There was also the m1920 that Finland had but that was 7x57.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts