Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whoops, posted last week in the K-98 forum, thought I had put one on layaway, was back in there yesterday and got a better look at it.

It's actually an M-48A in 8mm. With Cryllic writing on the left side of the receiver. It has a bent bolt, but the back of the buttstock has the K98 metal buttplate on it.

I should be able to pick it up next week, then I'll bring it home and post some pics and clean it up. After having done my Turkish Mauser from end to end and everything in-between, I should be able to clean it up pretty good.

·
Registered
658 Posts
You won't be sorry.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I bought an all matching M48 BO in "unissued" condition complete with original ammo pouch, matching bayonet, scabbard, and a small brass/bronze two chamber oiling container with original cleaning kit. All for $250. Has the rough walnut solid stock. Front sight hood with cleaning rod. All in all a BO in "perfect" condition.

Bore in mirror bright condition. No crown damages whatsoever. In fact if you cut the barrel in half lengthwise you can see your reflection in it.

Took it out to the range a while back using 1975 Romanian 8mm. Using a bench rest to test for accuracy while sitting.

Results? It can't shoot for s**t. LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts