Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member and Certified Curmudgeon
15,946 Posts
I kinda like mine, too, but it's not Norwegian.

·
Silver Bullet member
31,853 Posts
I did not know such an animal existed. But now I have access to excellent reference photos! Superb.
Saw a Norwegian Police Steyr-Pieper in a shop in Suffolk Virginia many years ago, amazing what they repurposed

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
704 Posts
Saw a Norwegian Police Steyr-Pieper in a shop in Suffolk Virginia many years ago, amazing what they repurposed

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
Indeed it is. I've seen MAB Ds, French 1935-As, Kriegsmarine pistols, seemingly a disproportional large amount of CZ-27s, and a plethora of others committed to the Norwegian police forces. They pretty much took in anything that was left behind. I think I even saw a commercial Melior pistol once.

·
Platinum Bullet Member/Moderator
220 Posts
OP, here is some information you may find interesting. It is from a blog I wrote for our website

May 8, 1945 - The 400,000 soldier German garrison in Norway surrendered their weapons to the Norwegians and Allies. While much of the war equipment was reportedly destroyed immediately post-war, a large quantity was retained by the Norwegian military, including K98k rifles, MP.38 and MP.40 machine pistols, P.08 and P.38 9 mm pistols, and a wide variety of 7.65 mm pistols.

About 1950, a government decision was made that the 7.65 mm pistols would be used by the Police. From the early 1950s, to as late as 1960, the government arms factory at Kongsberg assessed the 7.65 mm pistols and marked them for Police use. It is reported that only top condition pistols were retained and others scrapped. The most commonly remarked pistols were the Browning M1922, CZ27, Mauser 1914/1934, and Mauser HSc.

The pistols were marked in batches of numbers by model. CZ27s, were marked consecutively from numbers 3001 to 4004. Kongsberg kept good records, so the ranges of any particular model of pistol and the number reworked is well documented.

Here are a consecutive pair of CZ27s. These two German‑proofed CZ27s were manufactured about a year apart at Strakonice but found themselves next to each other at Kongsberg and have consecutive police numbers 3158 (front) and 3159 (back). CZ27s were among the most common surrendered 7.65 mm pistols.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OP, here is some information you may find interesting. It is from a blog I wrote for our website

May 8, 1945 - The 400,000 soldier German garrison in Norway surrendered their weapons to the Norwegians and Allies. While much of the war equipment was reportedly destroyed immediately post-war, a large quantity was retained by the Norwegian military, including K98k rifles, MP.38 and MP.40 machine pistols, P.08 and P.38 9 mm pistols, and a wide variety of 7.65 mm pistols.

About 1950, a government decision was made that the 7.65 mm pistols would be used by the Police. From the early 1950s, to as late as 1960, the government arms factory at Kongsberg assessed the 7.65 mm pistols and marked them for Police use. It is reported that only top condition pistols were retained and others scrapped. The most commonly remarked pistols were the Browning M1922, CZ27, Mauser 1914/1934, and Mauser HSc.

The pistols were marked in batches of numbers by model. CZ27s, were marked consecutively from numbers 3001 to 4004. Kongsberg kept good records, so the ranges of any particular model of pistol and the number reworked is well documented.

Here are a consecutive pair of CZ27s. These two German‑proofed CZ27s were manufactured about a year apart at Strakonice but found themselves next to each other at Kongsberg and have consecutive police numbers 3158 (front) and 3159 (back). CZ27s were among the most common surrendered 7.65 mm pistols.

View attachment 3829370
Very nice write up. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
very nice CZ27....Its a shame the Norwegians cut them up the way they did when they marked them. BUT that does give them some appeal as to lending to the guns history. I suppose no different than a duffel-cut rifle brought back by a GI.

·
Platinum Bullet Member/Moderator
220 Posts
I always wanted an FN 1910 so marked. I'm probably looking for a unicorn. Dan
Here's an FN 1900 Norwegian Police. Only 114 of these were put into use in Norway. Only a couple of hundred FN 1910s on the list of Norwegian 7.65mm that I have. Rare, but not impossible.
Air gun Gun accessory Gun barrel Trigger Metal
Air gun Gun barrel Trigger Gun accessory Everyday carry

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.