Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Got this sword the other week and have been trying to identify it since.
The facts I know about it is just what I can read on the sword. Made by Hörster at Solingen,text on the partly blued blade:KONGE FOLK FEDRELAND = King People Fatherland.
Condition is stunning with its shiny(non magnetic) handguard,there is some golden inlays aswell as shown in one of the pictures. The eagle head is much like the German type...

I hope there will be some info out there as the Norwegian arms are not so well documented.

Best Regards & TIA / Henry

·
Premium Member
4,185 Posts
That is a great sword! I am sorry that, though I am Norwegian, I don't know the exact type of sword you have.

On the blade along with the slogan there is the Norwegian crest with the lion, so it has to be official, military or state.

I remember vaguely being shown a sword that was not too unlike yours in my childhood, but it's so long ago that I may be mistaken. That one was awarded to the best student of his class in the Norwegian military academy. Might be that type?

·
Registered
968 Posts
Non-Metallic

Commonly, "German silver" ( nickel ), brass, or silvered brass is used for hilts like this which must be cast; none of those are magnetic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts