Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Balder -- that is one beautiful carbine you have. I guess I'd never really paid much attention to them as I've always been most interested in the US Krag. That is one neat looking rifle -- sort of like a Krag and an SMLE made a love child:D

·
Registered
326 Posts
Ok from italy a Lang Krag for Haeren made by Kongsberg in 1917 and used in the "Tonsberg Befestninger" ( Fortress of Tonsberg) before the Nazi invasion.

and at the end a Shortened Bayonet Model 1894 and an original oiler.

·
Silver Bullet member
1,093 Posts
Now that is really cool. Cool that the picture is in great conditiong showing a beautiful rifle and gear of 1905. Even more special that it is a relative. Something like that is a treasure.

You guys are making me want to sell or trade off my Finns for more Krags. :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Norwegian Krag accessories

Hello gents. Here are some pictures of my krag accessories.
  • Matching pair of ammo pouches
  • Short knifebayonet and hanger
  • One muzzle cover

·
Registered
230 Posts
My 1898 & Norwegian Carbine

My 1913 vintage Norwegian carbine. I inherited a large collection and didn't realized what the carbine was (like someone said it looks like a cross between an Enfield and a Krag). Balder as you also have a carbine maybe you can help me. Forward of the sight is a screw/bolt/stud (no head) that swivels/turns (but doesn't come out by hand); what is its purpose? I wonder if the one on mine may be damaged?

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
My 1912, closed and open.

"...Forward of the sight is a screw/bolt/stud (no head) that swivels/turns (but doesn't come out by hand); what is its purpose?..."
No one has answered in three months? Push the backsight forward to rest on the stud. You will than notice a sighting "V" in the bottom of the sight body---it's very fine, but it is there. It's a battle sight---but for what range, I do not know.
-----krinko

·
Registered
17 Posts
The Krag in its "natural habitat", my great grandfather in a regiment in the north waiting for the war with Sweden that never came after the 1905 secession from the union.
WOW!!! BayonetC, the photo you have is rare. There are not many photos around with someone holding this model.

How awesome for you to have one of your Great Grandfather holding his! I have my Great Grandfather's 1899 Krag but no photo (kinda :D with envy here).

He was a good looking guy too, thanks for sharing.

Sly

·
Silver Bullet member
1,093 Posts
Nice carbine Krinko. I managed to find one myself, but someone got a bit friendly with the stock finish on it. But it is nice to have one.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Bayonetcollector, that is a very cool picture!:cool:

My Great Grandfather was in the Norwegian Army as a Seargeant up until 1897 that I know of. They immegrated to Canada in 1910 so he could have been there until that time. I have a few of his pictures but they are not like yours. They are all in uniform, but more relaxed. Hope it is alright to post here even tho there are no Krags present.....

Is there any way to track a Norske Soldiers service records from that far back? Sure would be neat to find some info about him. Aside from the pictures, nothing was passed down. :( The pictures are framed so they distorted a bit, I'm scared to take them apart.

·
Registered
87 Posts
These are the 3rd Division's officer cadets in 1934, based at Gimlemoen in Kristiansand. My father is number six from the left in the front row. They all seem to have M/1894 long Krags.

Balder

·
Registered
1 Posts
Norwegian Krag Jørgensen M1894

Hello :)
I recently delivered an "application form" to the police in order to legally aquire a Krag Jørgensen M1894 "Lang Krag". I have pictures of the particular rifle I hope to aquire, just want to know what you think of it :) All numbers match, except on the bolt. I believe it lacks the cleaning rod, but I have an idea where to get hold of one :p

Best wishes,
Kenth

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hello Kenth,
Looks like a very fine rifle to me. Can you give us a rough idea of the price they are in Norway? I do not see them for sale too much in the US and prices are quite high.

Best, John

·
Registered
34 Posts
My Krags

From top:
1) M/1906 Guttekarabin, original beech stock, rubber buttplate added, 8X54mm "enlarged" Krag, modified by Kongsberg works.

2) M/1930 Skarpskyttergevær, original stock, Schous diopter, 6,5X55mm.

3) M/1912 karabin rebuilt to .22 LR, K.G. Larsen stock, M/30 diopter.

4) Un-numbered receiver, Stormoen stock, K.G. Larsen diopter, 6,5X55mm.

I also have a M/1894 Steyr langkrag which is being shined up at the moment

·
Registered
326 Posts

From top:
1) M/1906 Guttekarabin, original beech stock, rubber buttplate added, 8X54mm "enlarged" Krag, modified by Kongsberg works.

2) M/1930 Skarpskyttergevær, original stock, Schous diopter, 6,5X55mm.

3) M/1912 karabin rebuilt to .22 LR, K.G. Larsen stock, M/30 diopter.

4) Un-numbered receiver, Stormoen stock, K.G. Larsen diopter, 6,5X55mm.

I also have a M/1894 Steyr langkrag which is being shined up at the moment

Compliments C96 expecially for the M/1906 Guttekarabin and the M/1930 Skarpskyttergevær:) The M/1930 has the military serial number or the civilian one?

regards

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,960 Posts
Here is my 1912/16 Carbine

1 - 20 of 74 Posts