Gunboards Forums banner

Norinco Model 54 Tokarev

2K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  Spetznatz 
#1 · (Edited)
#3 ·
I'd say you did pretty well on that pistol, but speaking of pistol: Just like Vulch said, if there's painful urination or anything else...well, uh...

Poot

#7 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. I also caught on to my spelling error (Who did I do) has been changed to how did I do.

SlimTim, I wish I lived in your area I could have saved a couple of bucks. Every other Chinese Tokarev I found was anywhere from $350 - $450 I guess I could have done better but I also could have done worse.

#17 ·
SlimTim, I wish I lived in your area I could have saved a couple of bucks. Every other Chinese Tokarev I found was anywhere from $350 - $450 I guess I could have done better but I also could have done worse.
Dealers ask more for them for sure, but you can often get them from individuals at shows. I was offered a 7.62x25 model T-54 at the last Knoxville show for $200, didn't bite as the grips were something the seller made himself and it had the safety. An aquaintance bought it though, told me he gave $175.

Stopped in at Volunteer Ordnance Works last night, he had 3 of the 9mm Type 54-1s in the case for $179 each, no 7.62 chambered ones around.

SlimTim

#8 ·
Well, a little high IMO. I see these added safety Chi-coms regularly at local shows in the $150-$200 range. I had one in 9mm with holster and spare mag that I sold to a friend for $150 a couple of years ago. Still, it's a nice gun and should be a great shooter.

#9 ·
Maybe a little high but you will love it. These are 225+ in shops and shows around Houston. You can get a 9mm barrel for it. I use mine in 9mm for a carry pistol. Cycles Federal Hydroshocks just fine. I traded a Lorcin .380 for it years ago.

#10 ·
I bought mine for $110 more than ten years ago. It has been a very long time since I've seen one for $125 to $175. I would buy every last one I encountered in that price range in my area. I think the price is worth it considering the general increase in firearms prices. Type 54's are no longer importable, and any other Tokarevs entering the country aren't any cheaper. That said, my Type 54 is my favorite handgun and the last I will part with. I also picked up a 9mm barrel, lighter weight recoil spring, and 9mm converted mags. It is accurate and reliable in both 7.62x25 and 9mm. Good buy imo.

#11 ·
Not too bad. They are good guns and fun to shoot. I was lucky enough to get mine new for under $100 years ago, and it's held up well. BTW, I don't believe they came with a holster (at least mine didn't)... BeSwift

#18 ·
I bought one when they first came out but sold it because the ammo wasn't as abundant as it is now. I will probably pick up another some time soon. I also plan on getting a couple of Makarov's to add to the collection when funds allow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.