Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
34,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the Norinco M14 clones still being imported? I haven't seen any at a gun show in a long time, and wouldn't mind scoring one if I could find it.

TIA!

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I don't think so. Do yourself a favor, find a nice Polytech instead of the Norinco. Better reports overall.

·
Copper Bullet member
1,736 Posts
Not much of anything comes from China anymore. Some kind of import ban as I understand; not sure how the Charles Daly and NEF china-made 870 clones make it in -- maybe the "sporting use" clause??

·
Super Moderator Platinum Member Zombie Killer
4,049 Posts
Sam, like Radom said....get a Polytech...M14S. Better quality rifle and reports of soft bolt don't come from Polytech owners...myself included. I dropped mine in a beautiful walnut M14 stock and it sure does look nice. Mine originally came with the solid flashhider on it, but some previous owner had the slots professionally milled open and it looks like an M14 sans bayonet lug.

·
Super Moderator
342 Posts
They can't be imported into the USA, plus Marstar has not had any in stock for months either.

·
Silver Bullet member
34,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does PolyTech have a website? I can't locate them.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I don't think so. Back when, they were imported by Keng's Firearms Specialties. As stated, they won't let 'em in the USA no more. There is information out there, though. Fulton Armory has info on their website as to their opinions of them & the work they'll do on them. I've had one new, unfired in the box for about ten years. I need to get out there with it!

·
Registered
554 Posts
IIRC, Polytech went under after they were caught slipping in some full-autos with the semi-autos. What was left got taken over by Norinco. So you'll find weapons stamped Polytech, Norinco-Poly, and Norinco. I have a Polytech M14-S and love shooting it.
Does anyone know if the USGI flash hiders fit on these Chinese barrels?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I haven't done it, but, I've seen posts of fellows who have put the USGI flash hider right on their Polytechs. There may be legalities to consider in that, however.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Anything with rifling is banned by a Clinton era executive order.

Dennis Jenkins

Not much of anything comes from China anymore. Some kind of import ban as I understand; not sure how the Charles Daly and NEF china-made 870 clones make it in -- maybe the "sporting use" clause??

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Anything with rifling is banned by a Clinton era executive order.

Dennis Jenkins
I would live to be able to add that to the list of things I hate Clinton for but this is not Clinton's fault.

George Bush Sr. cut off the Chinese surplus imports in 1989.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
It was Clinton's exceutive order that banned chinese imports, (I can't find the specific one). I bought an M14S in 1994, and sold it 6 months later as I didn't like it.

Clinton signed an ex. order May 1994 banning the importation of all China firearms and ammo. This stoped the flow of all Mak 90, 91, SKS's, cheap 7.62x39, 7.62x25, 9m/m ammo etc.

·
Gold+ Bullet member
339 Posts
Does anyone know if the USGI flash hiders fit on these Chinese barrels?[/QUOTE]

Yes, they fit fine. You need to use the Chinese castle nut because the threads are different. Some folks have claimed that you can "force" the USGI castle nut threads, but I didn't have that kind of courage.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts