Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Copper Bullet member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to post 500 rds of Norinco 9X18 for sale on ST's Trader, but apparently ammo is not the easiest thing in the world to ship. How have any of you shipped ammo?

P.S. Might have a non-import marked Bulgarian Circle 10 with a nearly flawless finish (99%) for sale soon also.

·
Super Moderator
6,596 Posts
CabHack, shipping ammo is easy.

I use UPS. You need to find a local hub. The small store fronts sometimes (usually) won't ship ammo.

Check in on their computer at the hub, call it "Small Arms Ammunition". They will place an "ORM-D" sticker on it and away it goes. They don't bat an eye about shipping ammo. Wrap the package well! I can't tell you how many packages I've received with damage. Sometimes dripping rounds out an open corner.

500 rounds ships across country for around $35 as I remember.

·
Registered
218 Posts
What state do you live in Cab? You might get someone locally to buy your ammo and save yourself travel time to the ammo shipper guy.

Or someone might fly half way across the country to collect the ammo from you personally. I'm not naming any names here (North Bender) but if you get a colllector who's crazy about 9x18 ammo (North Bender) then maybe they'll come to you.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've ordered tins of ammo from various places...it's alsways been shipped UPS.
Never tried shipping any out, but I can't forsee any issues with all the stuff I've recieved.

As mentioned, try and go to one of their main hubs rather that a "UPS Store" to ship...sometimes the employee's aren't very well versed on their own policies.

·
Super Moderator
6,596 Posts
Nietzsche, I've reformed. Except for the Chinese Military, which a forum member swore he would send me 4 months ago and I still have none, I'm not accumulating. Over the past year I've actually given away (makarma) more 9x18 ammo than I've purchased. I'm not sure how I'm going to go through the 15,000 rounds I have right now - but that's not a big problem in my life.

Nietzsche was one of the first members who contacted me when I started my 9x18 hoard. I don't forget such, and there's always a room in North Bend for The Generous.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Nietzsche, I've reformed. Except for the Chinese Military, which a forum member swore he would send me 4 months ago and I still have none, I'm not accumulating. Over the past year I've actually given away (makarma) more 9x18 ammo than I've purchased. I'm not sure how I'm going to go through the 15,000 rounds I have right now - but that's not a big problem in my life.

Nietzsche was one of the first members who contacted me when I started my 9x18 hoard. I don't forget such, and there's always a room in North Bend for The Generous.
15000 rounds of 9x18? Oh my God, where have you been all my life? ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
CabHack,
FORGET ABOUT THE AMMO, tell me, er us I mean, about the BULGARIAN!!! Just kidding. No seriously, I'd like to hear more as I am mourning over losing out on a nearly perfect Bulgarian at the show Sat that I hesitated about getting for $225! You may not see a single Mak at the shows around here! I thought I'd mull it over a minute while checking ammo prices and of course in a matter of minutes it was gone! When will you be ready to post it?

·
Copper Bullet member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm breaking in a couple of new guns. When I feel comfortable with them ( as far as reliability) I think that I'll let the Bulgy go. When I do, I'll post it on ST's Trader with pics and accessories and post a "heads up" here. Thanks for the interest.

·
Registered
134 Posts
As NB said, You should not have a problem shipping from a UPS hub with the "ORM-D" sticker.

GES.......................

·
Registered
78 Posts
Ah, NB, I see you have around 15,000 rounds of 9x18. That was very good news, indeed. Now my 6,000 rounds (3,000 of which is the Norinco recently offered by J&G) does not look like too much. ;) Your little pile makes mine look small. :rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts