Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Boxer primed, reloadable brass. Saw some today and I know it's old imported ammo.

Just judging by the size of the box, it had to be ten rounds to a box. The guy wanted $6 a box.

Doesn't sound like a good deal other than the brass is reloadable. I haven't really thought about reloading 7.62X39. It might be cheaper just to pick up the components than pay that kind of money!?

Thoughts or comments.(?) I have had zip zero exposure to this stuff.

Draybo

·
Registered
8,602 Posts
Nnorinco in the Yellow box (any color box for that matter) was always 20rds / box.

And never, NEVER Brass case / Boxer primed. ALWAYS Steel case (Lacquer/copperwash/brass wash) and ALWAYS Berdan primed.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Ammolab...

I saw what I saw. 'Norinco' in CAPITAL LETTERS in a yellow, kinda slim box.

Boxer primed, reloadable BRASS cased ammo. What caught my eye was "NORINCO". This stuff is at least 12-15 years old.

Draybo

EDIT; But you know what. I bet it was .223 not 7.62X39.

So Ammolab you are probably correct. That is why the boxes were smallish!!

Stoopie me!!!

·
Registered
8,602 Posts
I saw what I saw. 'Norinco' in CAPITAL LETTERS in a yellow, kinda slim box.

Boxer primed, reloadable BRASS cased ammo. What caught my eye was "NORINCO". This stuff is at least 12-15 years old.

Draybo

EDIT; But you know what. I bet it was .223 not 7.62X39.

So Ammolab you are probably correct. That is why the boxes were smallish!!

Stoopie me!!!
Gee....that is a whole new ball game.....223 you say? Yep, Brass / Boxer / NonCorrosive

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You guys were right!

That was indeed .223

Bought a few boxes as I can always use the brass. I imagine it's good quality ammunition. A 93 and a backwards "J" and a "C" on the headstamp.

Thanks guys!

Draybo

·
Registered
268 Posts
Norinco yellow box

I have some older .223 Norinco that is a yellow box and it is NC and boxer primed. All the Norinco 7.62x39 I have gotten in the past was CE/BE and in metal cases packed in green boxes. Both were clearly marked as to the caliber.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.