Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Copper Bullet member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard that these norinco makarovs are a rough finish,this one sure aint,is it commercial or military marked Triangle 56?

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
6,263 Posts
$175 is a horrible price, for the seller. ;) Great price for the buyer.

SlimTim

·
Copper Bullet member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys,I was hoping it was,only has one mag but looks about new,mint bore.:)

·
Super Moderator
6,155 Posts
I'd better throw my name in the hat in case you other 5 don't go for it.

·
Super Moderator
6,155 Posts
ST, what's wrong with those dogs of yours? Something looks wierd.

·
Copper Bullet member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes I left it behind ,truck driver traded it in said he had it for several years,nobody around here knew what it was or its value I guess, anyway it was still there,aint now!:D

·
Super Moderator
4,748 Posts
ST, what's wrong with those dogs of yours? Something looks wierd.
NB, I'm surprized that you didn't rrecognize those dogs. Well I guess not everyone would recognize them. Anyway they're a rare breed and only found in certain parts of the country. I'd better not say where they come from ST's a little touchy about that.

·
6,263 Posts
Don't be talking about my puppies.

SlimTim

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I recall getting an email with that picture and the caption read; "Tennessee Cheerleaders". I didn't say it SlimTim, just reporting an obviously ridiculous rumor. :rolleyes: :p
P.S. I forgot to say "Good for you Junker!", so you did get it?

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Yep Timbo got her,have to pic up some ammo,what is a good non corrosive brand?
Good for you Mister, I am jealous now. :( She is a beauty! Check out the Sticky by North Bender on all the ammo out there, it is great info. You should be able to find some Sellier & Bellot brass cased FMJ in your area gun emporium's. I also have used the Norinco in the green box with great success. Most of what you will find at the gun stores will be non corrosive, but look at the Sticky for all the info you need on 9X18 ammo. :)
Link to the Sticky: http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?t=299

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Slim Tim- What is the difference between the Chinese Commerical Mak pictured and a Chinese Military one? I would think that the Triangle 56 proof mark would indicate a military one rather than a commercial one.

·
6,263 Posts

A Chinese Makarov with "SHI" mark is of Military issue.
Simply put, if it doesn't have "Type 59 SHI", it's not a military Type 59.

I've owned/own several with 56 and/or 66 in a triangle, all commercial. Just this year I've bought my first ZZ in a triagle Type 59, then another, then another.:) The ZZ's eluded me for years, now in 6 months I've bought 3.

Hopefully I'll yet own a 59 SHI. That's one that has escaped me so far also.

SlimTim

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Prices of a Chinese Military type 59?

Good grief Charlie Brown! How much should I look to pay for a Chinese Military Slim Tim, I would love to have one some day. I told my wife if I get a Chinese Military I will have all that I need, one from each country of origin besides my first Bulgie and a IJ70 18AH Hi-Cap which I use as carry weapons. I will have to get them and snap pics of them to post.

·
6,263 Posts
I have seen them change hands at $500 (arranged such a sale putting buyer & seller together--stupid of me, should have bought myself.) But the norm is more like $1,600. Yes, that much! :eek:

SlimTim

1 - 20 of 25 Posts