Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a Norinco Model 213 recently, it's chambered in 9mm. There are couple of things I'm having problems with, but the main one is the chambering of the first round. I've only put one magazine through it but once I got the first round chambered it seemed to chamber all the rest just fine. That first round or any round you try to manually chamber seems to stovepipe. It is seems to be jammed against the top of the chamber and the lips of the magazine or the feed ramp. My question is, will it hurt anything to alter the slop of the feedramp a little so it lines up with the rampped portion of the bottom of the chamber. It looks like this would allow the round to move farther out of the magazine at at shalower angle. Also is there a way to lighten the spring on the magazine release. The button isn't very big, doesn't stick out very far and is a real bear to push in enough to get it to release the magazine. I could sure use some ideas here guys. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I would try another magazine before I went altering the gun.

I just got another 213 a few weeks ago, it works near perfect.

The first Norinco 213 I owned, however, had one mag that almost invariably would cause a jam. The other mag that came with that pistol worked great.

Try another magazine or two.

Generaly the first thing to try when a semi-auto pistol has problems for no apparent reason is another magazine. The mags, new, old, spare, whatever, can have not so obvious problems. Bent feed lips, bent follower, spring in backwards, mag body spread out, mag body too tight, cheap cheesy mag, dents, dirt, foriegn objects inside, all sorts of things could be wrong with the mag.

·
Registered
181 Posts
9mm or 7.62 mags are different

Are you sure you have the correct mag. The 9mm's have a spacer in the rear of the mag to make them the correct length.. Loren

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The mags are correct. I changed to Winchester ammo and it seems to chamber a lot better, in fact I ran a complete mag through it by hand and it didn't stovepipe once. I think I was using S&B ammo the first go around and the ogive is not as gradual as the Winchester, just like a sharper pointed bullet I guess. Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
The Norinco 9mm Tokarev is quite ammo sensitive,my one was %100 reliable with most FMJ ammo but was a single shot with hollowpoint or soft nose ammo.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Stupid thing is doing it again but this time I may have found a problem. When the slide picks up the next round to chamber the round comes to the end of the magazine wings or lips or what ever they are called and then the round is supposed to pop up into a level configuration just before it hits the feed ramp and slips up slightly and into the chamber. On this particular gun there is significant roughness along the bottom of the slide where it contacts the round. I can work the action slow and the round will resist just a little and not pop up level like it should until it's hit the bevel of the feed ramp and then it moves forward at too sharp an angle and stovepipes. I'm going to try polishing the slide face so the rounds will slide easly up along it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts