Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a noob about Japanese rifle. Last month I got an excellent condition Mukden Type 38 rifle, the bore is bright and strong rifling. I used my own reload 6.5 Arisaka ammo to shoot and the muzzle velocity is below 2200FPS with 140-grain bullets. I have no idea about the type 38's barrel life. Also, I heard the technology of makeing rifling is different between the Mukden and Japan arsenal. I would appreciate if anyone can teach me some knowledge about this!

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
I do not believe that there is any difference between Mukden (Hoten) production and other Japanese arsenals. My 50th Series is a nail driver and it is one of my favorite rifles. Yours is a little bit earlier than mine and is a beauty also. The finish on these rifles is outstanding.

Frank

·
Registered
8,572 Posts
You will never live long enough to wear it out. Just keep it clean and you will be fine. I'm sure less than 2200 FPS is to slow for 6.5mm. The type 38 is a strong action. Don't be afraid of upping your reloads.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do not believe that there is any difference between Mukden (Hoten) production and other Japanese arsenals. My 50th Series is a nail driver and it is one of my favorite rifles. Yours is a little bit earlier than mine and is a beauty also. The finish on these rifles is outstanding.

Frank
May I ask you the meaning of "nail driver" is the school training gun?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.