Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
105,316 Posts
i would'nt modify a thing. not rare, but all norinco SKS's are collectable to me. no longer imported. in excellent condition, i'd say sell it to your friend for 275 to 350 dollars. if you bought it in about 90, you should have paid about 79 or 89 dollars for it. how do you forget you have a gun, i can't. i recommend you hang onto it. the "d" model takes ak mags, detachable. go to gunbroker, type in sks, get an idea of value.
I have 8 of the Chinese SKSs, still in the box. They came with a sling and an ammo pouch. Plan on taking 3 of them to NGD this weekend.

As to missing guns, it is not hard to do. I was cleaning out part of my gun room. There was this box that I thought were rags. Picked it up and boy was it heavy. So at the bottom, I found a Sig 226 still in the box, a Colt Woodsman in the 70000 range, a couple of early S&Ws, and a break top Iver Johnson. We moved into the house in April of 1988and this box had not been moved since. I knew the Colt had to be around somewhere as I had not disposed of it. I figured I would find it eventually and did.

· Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
105,316 Posts
well, i guess that's what happens when you're pushing your 90's. :D
How true. The older one gets, the more forgetful one becomes.

My problem is that I have too many things. I had a different place for many of the things (like two filing cabinets for example). Then my wife, in 1988, closed her business because she had difficulty with employees. She ran a wedding cake business and most of the work started on Wednesday with baking, decorating, etc. Most cakes were to be delivered on Saturday. Evening work was required and many times the employee did not show up. So that meant she had to work all night for one or two nights, with little or no sleep. Finally she became tired of doing that. All of her inventory, pans, etc. ended up in the basement and she started doing cakes out of the house while going back to school. When she finished with school, she stopped doing the cakes but but we still had all of the stuff.

For the last two years, I have been slowly getting rid of her stuff. I am ready to move the two filing cabinets out of the gun room and will do so after the holiday season and replace them with a cabinet I can put guns in.

It is a work in progress.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.