Gunboards Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
(1) IIRC, upper piston cover does not have the Podolsk stamp; (2) compared to pics of left side of buttstock taken in 2016, the cartouches now look like covered by something
1) This is a reasonably early 41 Podolsk rifle, and the early parts will not have maker markings. Most of the parts on my A block are completely unmarked. Early magazines used Tula bodies, and I've seen at least one Izhevsk supplied stock used in the A block. Later on (I don't know exactly when) all of the parts will have the Podolsk logo as one would expect.

2) I agree. I don't remember the stock looking like this before, though it has been many years. I wonder if the crack was "fixed" and then refinished.

·
Silver Bullet Member
4,108 Posts
There is a picture of the stock on Alex's site from earlier. When compared to now. It appears that the owner sanded it or some sort of refinish. I hope it is bad photography. If they messed with it, its a real shame.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
There is a picture of the stock on Alex's site from earlier. When compared to now. It appears that the owner sanded it or some sort of refinish. I hope it is bad photography. If they messed with it, its a real shame.
It was just a bad fotography. The finish is original with different degree of wear in different spots.Got the rifle yeasterday will post some detailed pictures shortly in a separate thread

21 - 26 of 26 Posts