Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Gold Bullet Member
1,666 Posts
Actually, nobody knows how and when these rifles came into US, there are very few of them in US and it is all factory original. Stocks are original and had serial numbers added vertically probably by whatever country military requirements.

Price is not outrageous - how many of 1943 SVTs in such condition are known to exist in US? A dozen? Maybe two dozens?
Is your untouched bringback a 1943 SVT40?

Lc
You sound biased. To me the rifle sold for to much and was falsely advertised. The title claimed that is was a "non rebuilt" and it clearly has had some things done to the stock. And it looks to me like the stock has a large crack in it on the left side.

· Gold Bullet Member
1,666 Posts
If it was rebuilt rifle- the stock would have an arsenal repair like this arsenal rebuilt import marked rifle:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=412207417

How many original SVT rifles do you own to call this one falsely advertised?

Here another re-arsenaled rifle with all non-original parts and a total refurb that sold for over $1700:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=406056037

Or how about this POS ?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=400068412
How is my owning many of these rifles relevant to this rifle being worked on post war? How many I own has nothing to do with whether this rifle has had something done to it post war by either a collector or an army. That is a silly question, which by the way I do own a matching rifle that is not rebuilt or import marked, matching even includes the magazine. How many of those have you seen? So can I get $4000 for my rifle? The point I am making is that the seller was a little misleading with his title. I am not saying he did it on purpose but that does change the fact that his rifle is not the way it was when it left the factory in 1943, therefore it has been rebuilt to some extent. Now that said, he took pictures and people knew what they were buying. I am not complaining, just commenting on the fact that I think it was a little to high. But perhaps you are correct and these rifles are increasing in price.

· Gold Bullet Member
1,666 Posts
The only thing on this rifle that was not when it left the factory is the crack in the stock. But what exactly was rebuilt?

Is not the stock refinished? It may be it's original stock but that does not look like the original finish to me. But I could be wrong. And there is another number vertically next to the rifles serial number.

· Gold Bullet Member
1,666 Posts
Ratnik thanks for your comments and information. As always it is greatly appreciated. I felt that the stock looked sanded and messed with to some extent.
Lenscrafter, here are a few pictures of my rifle you would like to see. My stock has been cleaned post war by a collector (but not sanded). That is why the color is a little off.
Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.