Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Banned
9,286 Posts
floor plate is a replacment. Check the B , the 4, and the 6.. all different font. Someone went crazy with the sanding on that one - any arsenal repairs?
I dunno-looked at it again, and I think everything matches.

got it in an online auction. I have been wondering about the finish. Doesn't seem like tru oil to me, almost seems waxy like furniture polish. No signs of runs or drips or anything.
Whomever refinished it actually did a good job, but I think it was done post-import. Still a nice rifle.

· Banned
9,286 Posts
The sling isn't shown in enough detail to say conclusively, but looks like it might be an M38 sling (looks pretty short, plus leather reinforcements). Do the leather pieces taper out to a point?

I would agree that the escutcheons have been out, plus they are sanded. Undisturbed ones will have linear grind marks from where they were finish sanded in situ on the stock, and the screws will almost always be clocked with the slots very nearly in line with the slot:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.