Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all i am new to enfield rifles so i got som qestions : i hawe number matching inkluded magasine rifle marked : m47c . 1943. it also hawe an t one the side and an s one the other side. it hawe an scope marked tel stg no 32 mk3. does it sound right? :confused:

·
Gold Bullet member
11,670 Posts
Yes, sounds correct. Under the serial (under the M47C) should be "TR".

Buttstock should have "S51" on the toe behind the grip. Buttstock should have a raised cheek piece held on by two screws. Rear sight should have the battle sight ring milled off.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, sounds correct. Under the serial (under the M47C) should be "TR".

Buttstock should have "S51" on the toe behind the grip. Buttstock should have a raised cheek piece held on by two screws. Rear sight should have the battle sight ring milled off.
hi thank you fore the answer. boath the tr and s51 is here and also a raised cheek piece. it also hawe a woden transport case and an leater sling and some other stuff. :)

·
Gold Bullet member
11,670 Posts
Sounds like you have the real deal! Pictures, please.

·
Gold Bullet member
11,670 Posts
It's a mark put on by Holland & Holland once they custom fit new stocks to the No4(T) rifles they converted. No idea what it means, other than that most H&H snipers with original buttstocks will have this mark.

·
Registered
286 Posts
As I understand it, during WW2 each manufacturer was given a code to try and stop the Germans finding a rifle with H&H on it looking up a street directory and then bombing the H&H factory.
The code consisted of the area of the country (S=south, M=midlands, N=north) followed by an assigned number.
So BSA was M (midlands) 47 (BSA), and C was factory 3 Shirley.

·
Gold Bullet Member/Moderator/Administrator/
27,927 Posts
S51

It's a mark put on by Holland & Holland once they custom fit new stocks to the No4(T) rifles they converted. No idea what it means, other than that most H&H snipers with original buttstocks will have this mark.
H&H's makers mark, assigned by the MOD. There were hundreds of codes.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi i am looking fore the scope container end the spotting scope fore mine, where can i find those items? . I do hawe the crate and some other smal items ..:confused:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So tomorrow is the day, i will try my No4t and my no5 fore the first time on the range :p . What can i ekspekt? Do the No5 give a mighty kick?. How good is th No4t????. I will use Sellier å Bellot ammo , marked 9,7g , 150 grs. any one tryed it?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Holy crapp the No4T kicks ass. fantastick shooters. I am a bad shooter , but even me are shooting 9 s an 10s on 200 meters with this gun. :D

·
Registered
330 Posts
They're not often seen with that well-used, but cared for and original finish look. Usually they are either refinished, beat to heck or hardly used. I like it. The scope and mount have been painted post-war, but that's not surprising. Someone may have packed that through NW Europe in 44-45.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Nice weathered warrior. Please don't change it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Theres a guy in South Carolina goes by the name of Brian Dick, sells a lot of British #4 (t) extras and the other stuff. Just sold a scope can to him a couple of months ago. He might have what your looking for.

BDL Limited, www.bdlltd.com

wolfie

1 - 20 of 20 Posts