Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
4,612 Posts
Very nice example. Interesting that there's no import stamp...it seems like the Pakistanis would've had that new a rifle in at least reserve service past 1968.

Shot it yet?

·
Registered
159 Posts
import mark

Century just missed the import mark. Happens :) I have a capture P38 that was missed(out of the 40 I bought)
I still have the same question I asked on the "other forum". Anybody know what country Century bought the rifles from?
All I have seen spent time in India (India captured 1,000's in the 73 war). If from Paki. There should be another 900,000 left for sale.
ATB

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have a slightly newer POF No4Mk2 (1960-dated, C39xxx serial block) that also looks to have spent time in India (Ishapur screw, grenade-launcher sight modifications to the forearm and rear barrel band).

It has a stamp on the side of the stock that I've wondered about: a circle, about 15mm across, containing "506" over a broad arrow over "9-72". This could narrow down the time of capture somewhat, if it can be identified as Pakistani or Indian.

Not too many more out there; POF only made 60,000 or so No4Mk2s I believe, before the G3 went into production.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.