Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted this on another forum thought I'd post it here too

Nice all matching, excellent bore. No import markings and has the green tropical paint on the metal under the wood.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
4,612 Posts
Very nice example. Interesting that there's no import stamp...it seems like the Pakistanis would've had that new a rifle in at least reserve service past 1968.

Shot it yet?

·
Registered
159 Posts
import mark

Century just missed the import mark. Happens :) I have a capture P38 that was missed(out of the 40 I bought)
I still have the same question I asked on the "other forum". Anybody know what country Century bought the rifles from?
All I have seen spent time in India (India captured 1,000's in the 73 war). If from Paki. There should be another 900,000 left for sale.
ATB

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have a slightly newer POF No4Mk2 (1960-dated, C39xxx serial block) that also looks to have spent time in India (Ishapur screw, grenade-launcher sight modifications to the forearm and rear barrel band).

It has a stamp on the side of the stock that I've wondered about: a circle, about 15mm across, containing "506" over a broad arrow over "9-72". This could narrow down the time of capture somewhat, if it can be identified as Pakistani or Indian.

Not too many more out there; POF only made 60,000 or so No4Mk2s I believe, before the G3 went into production.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts