Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
...and ammo...don't forget to get good ammo...some of that POF stuff jumps around on the page quite a bit...

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Off of a rest at 100 yds I managed sub MOA with WWC 81 while breaking in a '55 Faz fresh out of the wrapper.
I've been close but never quite that good since. No more WCC '81 left. (And my eyes certainly aren't getting any younger!)

Using a quality ammo in a weight your rifle likes, you could do 1.5 to 2.5 if you do your part and the rifle isn't worn out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have one mk1 iii* thats been converted to a range rifle that can shoot under 2" groups at 100m and I'm shore that that rifle shoots better than i can. A mk4 depends on the head space and the quality of the barrel 3" to 4" at 100 yards is about what iv seen, some less some more.

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
3" to 4" at 100ft is about what iv seen, some less some more.
Certainly you meant to say 100 YARDS (or METERS) rather than feet?

I have shot literally dozens of No. 4 Mk. 2 Enfields over the years, and the WORST one I have ever fired could group under 2" at 100 meters even if the shooter had a bad hangover!

·
Registered
407 Posts
I've found that bore condition and ammo quality are the two most important factors. Since the mk2's are generally less used they probably shoot a little better (plus the other trigger improvements and better quality control). Bedding also plays a part.

Mine's an MOA shooter easily with my handloads and a PH4C backsight.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Why should it be less accurate than any other rifle you shoot?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Mauserlover, Some Mk.2s have extremely tight bores and require up to 500 rounds to break in. These rifles seem to be primarily 1955 manufacture and may initially print as poorly as 18" at 100 yds (mine). If you have one like this, be patient.

Regards, Brad

1 - 9 of 9 Posts