Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My lgs has one in for $180. It has the wire wrapping on the front handguard. It does not have the launcher with it. It is 1918 dated and has a stock disc (probably Indian cause of Arabic type writing on it). It is in descent condition and is EY marked. My question is: is this a okay price for one of these (I know I do not have pictures but what have other grenade launching rifles been going for)? I just can't find much info on these.

·
Gold Bullet Member/Moderator/Administrator/
27,601 Posts
That's a steal at $180.

Any rifle needs a good inspection before firing. If it's marked EY I'd read up on it a bunch before shooting.
But, it's still worth that price.

·
Gold Bullet Member/Moderator/Administrator/
27,601 Posts
EY is for "Emergency Use" .

"Normal"? What's normal? hah. One of the site sponsors had a few they sold off a few months ago and IIRC they were getting over 3 bills for them. Someone here might have a memory. I sure don't!

·
Registered
205 Posts
I acquired two of these about 20 years ago. They were not wire wrapped, but they were used for grenade launching as the front approx. 6 inches of the bore from the muzzle back had the rifling erased. When I purchased them I did the usual inspection by removing the bolt and looking through the bore from the breech. They looked good, but after a couple of disappointing trips to the range I examined them from the muzzle and found the problem. I think the price you quoted is a fair price, but not if you will have to rebarrel it, unless your desire is to have it "as is" in a collection.

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Not a lot to go on but the price is fair...if it's an India/British rehash. If it's an original British GF rifle then it's a bit better of a deal and a bit more so if it isn't worn out from firing rod grenades.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts