Gunboards Forums banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I will remind forum members that the motto of GunBoards is "By collectors, for collectors". So help a new guy out with your comments. There's enough rain in the world.
-limpetmine/moderator
Helping out a new guy is telling him honestly what to expect. I don’t see any value whatsoever in lying and pumping up his expectations. We are adults here, and we all know what RTI enfields look like. Why hide it?

·
Gold Bullet Member/Moderator/Administrator/
27,310 Posts
I didn't say hide it. What I mean is don't trash talk someone because they bought one.

Helping out a new guy is telling him honestly what to expect. I don’t see any value whatsoever in lying and pumping up his expectations. We are adults here, and we all know what RTI enfields look like. Why hide it?

Reactions: JB White

·
Registered
633 Posts
I like them. Neat markings for a wall hanger. Headspace see SRF link ;

Were they $100 ?

Opps way off base.... $500 for a NRA Fair?????
Organism Wood Musical instrument Font Line

Water Organism Wood Font Landscape

I will keep my CAI Savage Century Excellents at $109, times are certainly changing. Please Lets see some photos of what actually shows up. And these sold out at that price, I wonder what a like new slightly used Savage is worth? And those came with a sling & bayonet.It seems $500 is the going rate for wall hangers. It will be interesting to see if the rifle headspace and the bore is ok.

·
Registered
633 Posts
What import mark is on them, an RTI import mark or an Atlantic import mark? Could you please show a view of the import mark and its location when the rifle arrives. Thank You
waw's 44 picture of the SMLE enfields certainly looks worse than NRA Fair???? The pics in the ad with price looks better???

·
Gold Bullet Member/Moderator/Administrator/
27,310 Posts
There has been a history of it about these rifles and that vendor.

I see no trash talk. Are there edited or deleted posts?

·
Diamond Bullet Member
8,281 Posts
Just because a rifle was imported from a different nation that Russia, does not mean that it's NOT an RC.. The Ruskies gave those rifles to just about anyone who even hinted at wanting communism or being their ally. You'll find X marked rifles/pistols all over the place, including Ethiopia.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Just because a rifle was imported from a different nation that Russia, does not mean that it's NOT an RC.. The Ruskies gave those rifles to just about anyone who even hinted at wanting communism or being their ally. You'll find X marked rifles/pistols all over the place, including Ethiopia.
Ethiopia was communist from the 70s until the collapse of the Soviet Union. So RC guns coming out of Ethiopia is not surprising.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 · (Edited)
Thank you again everyone for all the input, Once I get the gun I will post pics of the details marking and condition. Also have the new new barrel and Brian as recommended to check the headspace if its a turd. I am well aware of RTI and the questionable company they are, have ordered small parts from them that were total crap and not as advertised. I bought this knowing it might be a lemon going in.... so my expectations are not high for its condition, but if its dated in the 1914 to 1918 range it would be well worth the 500 I spent even for a project gun, plus researching all the marks on it as well.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I can never get over this fascination with junk.....I hope yours pans out, but 90 percent of what I have seen in the last 18 months has been junk!

Personally I have worked way too hard for my money and will NOT spend $500 plus on a parts gun/wall hanger

Atleast Atlantic has graded them.....

RTI never graded them, and has not heard of NRA grading standards!

·
Registered
100 Posts
^^^Yes - Thank you.

·
Registered
10,585 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Fairly irrelevant if we're already talking barrel swaps.
Nah. Locally stamped and contract guns both are stamped on the receiver and the barrel. A rebarrel wouldn’t remove the receiver one, and I’m not sure that most collectors would rebarrel such a scarce example.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Gun store just called its ready for pick up, so I will post pics tomorrow she said the date on it was 1944 and isnt in the bad of shape..... We will find out tomorrow LOL

21 - 40 of 40 Posts