Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
8,026 Posts
Selway Armory ... haven't dealt with them before. "Regular price $24.99; Special Price $12.99." What kind of markup do retailers actually make on CCI ammo?

And it's sold as "perfect for practice and training". Is that why it normally costs more than brass-cased, reloadable, defensive ammo?

I never understood the marketing behind "aircraft aluminum" cases.

·
Silver Bullet member
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Selway Armory ... haven't dealt with them before. "Regular price $24.99; Special Price $12.99." What kind of markup do retailers actually make on CCI ammo?

And it's sold as "perfect for practice and training". Is that why it normally costs more than brass-cased, reloadable, defensive ammo?

I never understood the marketing behind "aircraft aluminum" cases.
In my view: In other calibers, aluminum cased Blazer brand has been competitive, even cheaper than brass cased for the same caliber. However, in 9x18Mak the price has been over $20/50, and usually by a couple of bucks ($22/50). I don't know why. Now, we're seeing American produced Blazer by CCI at prices competitive with some Euro cartridges, albeit aluminum. I've shot Blazer in .45 ACP (remember the funky blue plastic coated bullets/aluminum case) with no problems, but eventually stayed with brass/ball. Aluminum is lighter than brass, cheaper to produce, strong and stores well long term (unless cases develop aluminum oxide (salt) which is abrasive). It has a low melting point, so not recommended for sustained fire. Whether to use or not use is operator's choice. I was wondering if stocks were being liquidated and CCI was ceasing production, not that I bought it anyhow. Some sites have it marked as a clearance item (Sportsman's Guide...Graf and Son...) and with Selway, American 9x18 M at $12.99, well...just hmmm.
http://ammo.com/casing-type/aluminum

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.