Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
305 Posts
Well, I'm not an expert, but my layman assumptions would be that you have constructed a device which probably aids rather then prevents the traveling of hot powder gasses into the adjacent chamber(s). Besides, I can't see how this device should speed up reloading. My assumption would be that it has the exact opposite effect.

For my own peace of mind and integrity of my limbs, I rather stick to the "old fashioned" method of loading a cap 'n ball revolver.

· Registered
305 Posts
Ok, with a greased felt on the inside it might work. Nevertheless, I'm not sure it will seal the adjacent chambers tight enough to prevent the traveling of gases. I'd rather suspect your disk needs to be squeezed against the drum with such a force, that the resulting friction will hamper the rotation of the drum sufficiently to quickly wear out the drum transport.

Regarding reloading, the single hole under the press is a rather awkward position for loading powder into the chamber of a C&B revolver. It's better done from the side if you are not willing to extract the drum for reloading. Secondly, your disk will make it more difficult to dispose of the lead shavings and you will be no longer able to load conicals with the same ease as without your disk.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.