Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just starting to get a modest collection of Mil Surplus rifles. I thought I would share a picture. I seem to be accumulating these fairly fast. I just started 2 years ago with a bubba'd Savage No4 (which I sold when I got a No5) and then it kind of took off.. Oh man you guys were right you can't just own one Enfield….
Left to Right
1914 LSA converted to 410 Musket in 1931, 1942 Longbranch ( probably less than 20 rounds shot through it), 1943 Longbranch (Bubba got to this one), 1945 Lithgow (my favorite), 1945 Faz No5, 1946 Faz No5 (made in my birth month and year), 1949 Ishapore (great shooter), 1966 Ishapore 2a1a (Bubba chopped it and put on an ATI stock so I did a save to a Mini Enfield), 1918 Steyr M95 (8x56R), 1943 K98 bcd (all matching) 1942 Arisaka 99.(Nagoya)

I have learned so much from the people on this board. Florida is not a hot bed of Enfield knowledge so I really do appreciate all the patience you guys show for folks like me just getting started in this hobby especially I thank the guys from "The land down under".
Just for you here is a little piece of nostalgia I picked up that will be put in the butt of my Lithgow

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank You for the kind words Lots of fun finding them, restoring them (if needed) learning about them, and shooting them….Definitely shooting them. In answer to an earlier post the 2A1 muzzle blast is not bad. The overall feel is pretty harsh since the barrel is about 18/1/2" but nowhere near as violent as the Steyr which is much lighter. It feels to me that the chopped 2A1 is heavier than the full length No1.
I must confess that I first thought that Enfield OCD was a joke but now I know it is real. However much as the wife would like it, I don't need an intervention at this time LOL;)

·
Gold Bullet Member/Moderator/Administrator/
27,677 Posts
And like John is fond of saying, even the Pattern Room's Enfield collection is incomplete!

Take that as a challenge!

Thank You for the kind words Lots of fun finding them, restoring them (if needed) learning about them, and shooting them….Definitely shooting them. In answer to an earlier post the 2A1 muzzle blast is not bad. The overall feel is pretty harsh since the barrel is about 18/1/2" but nowhere near as violent as the Steyr which is much lighter. It feels to me that the chopped 2A1 is heavier than the full length No1.
I must confess that I first thought that Enfield OCD was a joke but now I know it is real. However much as the wife would like it, I don't need an intervention at this time LOL;)

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Would like to see more pics. of the shortened Ishy 21a, 'bulldog'.
nice collection!
Here is one shot that is a little blurry. This little pup can be switched back and forth to a tactical look depending on your mood. Just pull the pin on the sight and replace it with a scope rail I made. Just put on the ATI stock and Bipod and off you go

·
Registered
2 Posts
View attachment 760817 View attachment 760818

Here is one shot that is a little blurry. This little pup can be switched back and forth to a tactical look depending on your mood. Just pull the pin on the sight and replace it with a scope rail I made. Just put on the ATI stock and Bipod and off you go
I was always taught to NEVER mount a bi-pod on the barrel because it may start to bow the barrel upward, ruining accuracy. Just get a decent swivel stud one and throw the current one in the trash.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Nice collection and I like your gun rack too! Oh, by the way, I got that Mosin rifle stock all fitted and next is accurizing. Thanks again, Point!
Hi Tim. Glad that worked out for you. Had a great time at the show

Mounting a bi-pod onto the barrel can play hell on groupings on most rifles. Does look neat though.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yup, I got a swivel stud mounted one a while back but I don't use the tactical "Dress" version anyway. It does look neat and I have a sporterized long branch that I might use this stuff on. I did shoot it once in this configuration but it was not enjoyable.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Message to OldRover, Sent you data in response to your question about the homemade scope mount but your mailbox is full.

On the Enfield OCD front a nice 1943 Maltby attached itself to my hands last week. FTR by Maltby then again by Fazakerly. All matching except Magazine. NO dear it IS the same one. Boy those gun socks are a great idea LOL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.