Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member/Moderator
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In a previous thread I made mention of a 1950's FTR .22 with the piling swivel stud removed. The response got me wondering if I imagined it, but if I have learned anything in the last thirty years collecting British is that never is an overly optimistic response. It took a bit to find it but attached are photos of this 1954 FTR. I also found the owner's original 12/1967 Century Arms receipt for a $34.95 special select rifle, shipped COD to his door.
I have seen two other rifles set up this way.

Additional pictures added per request.

·
Registered
385 Posts
breakeyp
HI any chance of posting a couple more photos of no2 mkiv in it's entirety.
Australian Navy taken at Flinders in the fifties.
thanks
coop

·
Registered
385 Posts
HI Breakeyp thanks for posting the photos of no2 mkiv looks great,my favourite Lee Enfield.
Where was the modification done on the nosecap.
coop

·
Platinum Bullet Member/Moderator
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HI Breakeyp thanks for posting the photos of no2 mkiv looks great,my favourite Lee Enfield.
Where was the modification done on the nosecap.
coop
Over the years I was told that the rifles were rebuilt in British factories for an Arab country. The new wood has the post war M etc. markings. The quality of the lug removal machining and subsequent refinish leads me to believe it was done in Britain per the terms of the purchase contract. Why is another question and I can't even guess on that one. I have seen several more over the years and this rifle has a green painted "5" on the buttsock above the butt swivel and visible when the gun is vertically racked. So I would imagine that there are at least five out there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts