547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was given about 250 once fired cases with the NNY headstamp. All boxer primed

Who makes them ?

regards....roger

·
Registered
8,602 Posts
Privi partizan of Serbia. This is the EXACT same brass that Wolf Gold, century Hot Shot and recent FNM Swiss ammo has, as this ammo is made for these labels by Privi.

Hornady Swiss ammo uses Privi brass as well but the cartridges are loaded by Hornady.

Good brass, sold by Graf & Sons as empty brass as well!

·
Gold Bullet member
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys ! Fast response as usual.

He's a guy at my club. Wanted to sell his K31 so I picked it up for $150. and he threw in the brass and the 3 stripper clips I had given him when he originally got it. All in all a good deal for me.

regards....Roger

·
Registered
143 Posts
Thanks guys ! Fast response as usual.

He's a guy at my club. Wanted to sell his K31 so I picked it up for $150. and he threw in the brass and the 3 stripper clips I had given him when he originally got it. All in all a good deal for me.

regards....Roger
You did VERY well on that deal. The brass alone is worth at least .25/rd. New brass now is anywhere from .50 to 1.25/rd depending on what kind and where you buy it. PRVI brass is about the best out there for the price. I use Berger 165 Gr. VLD, or 175 Gr. VLD to duplicate GP-11 loads. The Berger bullet is the only one that comes close to matching a GP-11 slug ogive and for performance. I use Varget or BLC(2) as a powder with very good results. If you reloading for K-31s watch the OAL with different slugs, you can't always go by the book, the throat is real short on these things. I always take a trimmed empty shell and insert the slug I'm going to use and slam the bolt closed and then eject the shell to get the exact length and then go about 3 to 5 thousandths shorter. If it comes up much shorter, like some do, then you need to watch the powder charge for over pressure. Good luck with your new rifle, I have 6 of them and they all accurate reliable weapons.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.