Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else getting a nissan truck ad pop up while scrolling? It happened on the Ruger Forum but seems to do it more here. Heres a screen shot.
Product Font Screenshot Software Rectangle

·
Administrator
3,260 Posts
I use ad-blocker, some websites don't allow it, but I like to be able to make the choice.

·
Registered
716 Posts
My browser is Firefox and one of the add-ons is "U-Bloc". Been using it for years and with a click you can unbloc a specific site temporarily if desired...No Nissan adverts here...

·
Banned
20,922 Posts
You've been thinking about getting a new truck, lately. The Big Tech spy bots can now pick up images straight from your brainwaves and "suggest" things for you to buy.

I get the ads for women's lingerie a lot.

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
nope, I don't get a ad like that...........and I didn't install any "ad blockers" or other voodoo "apps".........unless the anti-virus software (NORTON) I have somehow blocks it.

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
I use Brave as my primary browser. Good ratings! Yet some of the truly exotic Browsers, that aren't for amateurs. It works well, but for some Websites which won't function. When that happens I do a quick cut & past of the Web address and toggle over to Firefox, paste the Website and it 'almost always' works. If it still doesn't, I just abandon such a site and move on. The big plus for me with Brave, it 'sometimes' works where as you just get into such as a news site, you get the 'popup' mandating your "subscribe or sign in". Nothing nicer than have Brave prevent that popup from working and reading the material otherwise blocked.

As far as some stuff imbedding itself in your computer, good perhaps every year or two to do a complete "takedown" and reinstallation of Windows 10, or whatever OpSis you use. Two Windows system reinstall options. The 'almost complete' Win 10 reinstall but preserving your data internally. The second one will do a full reinstallation - data MUST be saved externally! I prefer this latter, the "clean sweep". That should also get rid, once and for all, your problematic ads IF you don't reinstall them manually! The bonus of the clean sweep, that IF you have storage medium to keep all the data you've saved. Then... Computer crash, ransomware, etc. later, you've always got that 'core data' parachute-backup! Maybe outdated unless you keep extracting newer data copies out of system. But as years worth of precious data, photos, etc., in reserve - PHYSICALLY DISCONNECTED FROM THE INTERNET, GREAT LIFEBOAT!

Just my take!
Best!
John

1 - 16 of 16 Posts