Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Diamond Member with Oak Clusters and Swords
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It appears to be another type of acceptance stamp. It's new to me.
Any thoughts? See the image below of the bayonet; the stamping I'm referring to is the 'x' shaped... thing. Looks like arrows? And there are supposed to be three hash markings on either side of the 'x,' even though only two are visible.

I purchased three bayonets at once, and got to pick out of a list of numbered blades. The pictures weren't as detailed as this one, and I didn't even notice the stamping until it arrived in the mail. Lucky? I hope so.

Maybe someone here has come across this marking before. =D

NOTE: I THINK I've seen this marking one other time on a rifle barrel, I believe. I can't recall the rifle make / model.

·
Administrator
19,288 Posts
Its the CG headquaters acceptence marking. It means your blade was A-OK for the CG contracted m/39's.

·
Diamond Member with Oak Clusters and Swords
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its the CG headquaters acceptence marking. It means your blade was A-OK for the CG contracted m/39's.
Thanks Vic, I thought thats what the the =s= stamp was for (Civil Guard acceptance stamp)???????????

Are you saying thats what the (=crossed swords=??????? ) is for as well I'm trying to understand the difference
this is the only one I've seen with both stamps. one on either side of the hilt, Bill.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts