Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Below are a few pics of my 1895 cavalry carbine. I have just started working up loads for it ,but my last time out it shot rather well. It has had some checkering done to the wrist of the stock,and some kind of site/scope mount(looks to have been there for a while as its patina matches rest of rifle). I picked it up rather cheap as the seller thougt it was a cut down krag rifle.

If anyone knows the origin of the scope mount,i'd sure like to know what it is.
Again ,it is nice to have a place to talk about these old rifles.I just wish i could find a few more .

·
Registered
87 Posts
markus,

Good looking carbine! The mount is for a Schou "dioptersikte" (micrometer/aperture sight) which was the leading civilian brand. The military snipers were equipped with a scope (very few) or more commonly the M/1923 dioptersikte. I'll post some pics of the Schou sight tomorrow.

Balder

·
Registered
87 Posts
markus,

I did a few pictures indoors ( I need to build a light box), at least they'll give you an idea about the sight. If you want I can look around for one, I have seen them for sale every now and then.

Balder

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hi Balder,Thanks for posting the pictures of the sight. It is the first one i have seen. If you could find one of these for sale i would be very interested to add it to my carbine!
markus

My email is [email protected]

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is off topic, but I have a Hagens Diopter-sikte in a factory box with the legend "Set beste og mest stabile savel for baneskyting som for jakt__". The way the base is stepped it looks like it would fit the ridge on the right side of the Norwegian Krag receiver. Can anyone tell me if I am corrrect? I picked it up from a fellow who didnot know what it fit. He did not want much for it and it is in new old stock condition. I'll try to post pictures tomorrow. If I am correct, all I need is a rifle, and rather than altering a collector grade piece, I would like to get a "sporterized" rifle to hang it on. Reese

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Now there is a collector; He buys an unknown sight then looks for the rifle to fit.
Not unlike buying a rifle to fit some odd brass you picked up (guilty).
Good Luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts