Gunboards Forums banner

Nice T-14

2K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  arisakadogs 
#1 ·
This auction ended while I was in Az last weekend. Just a super rig & it went for a super price! And to think - I used to get laughed at for buying this stuff. Has a very nice 17 dated "Sanyo" marked holster with it. Too bad Nagoya did one of their typical numbering 'boo-boos' on the S/N, but I'm sure it's a totally legit matching rig.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=82318182

#7 ·
I was fortunate to acquire the twin to this rig at the Reno show last November for $850 (19.7 date, 99%, 2 mags, 2 pins, holster, rod). I was very happy with the complete matching gun parts rig, as they are very rare. But, there is no way I would have paid much more just to get the matching parts. IMHO, the $1,753 paid for this rig was out of line.

#8 ·
IMHO a beautiful set, and I don't mean to offend anyone but I'm really not sure I would call this the "absolute complete" rig. It’s got a 17 dated leather holster (should be a rubberized canvas) which is not numbered to the pistol which you could get away with saying they used a holster that hadn't issued yet. No lanyard either. Now I know I'm being picky but even if it had the correct holster and late war issue lanyard it sold for more than I would have paid for it. But on the same note wish I had been the lucky seller.

#10 ·
I agree with your "absolute complete" comment, as perfection is very hard to achieve. But, like you said, you can add all the missing add-on pieces except the "matching" holster pretty easily. However, if you don't have the matching two mags and matching two firing pins to start, your "completeness" task is virtually impossible to achieve. Also, the Japanese distribution system was in disarray, so it is very common to find earlier-dated holsters with newer guns; they were very likely mated at the factory. I have owned several virtually perfect 19-dated guns with new-looking older holsters that were picked-up by the vet from an arsenal. So, the holster options kind of muddy the "absolute complete" argument.

#11 ·
Well, there is 'complete' and there is matching. This one isn't complete due to missing straps and belt, I suppose one could argue it is not matching either, with a 17 date holster.

Nice rig though, little high too.

#12 ·
Here's my 19.10 date. It came with not as nice a holster, so I added a better & complete one, as well as a late lanyard. It's in the same like new condition with ALL the matching parts. Got it about 5 years ago for $415 off Gunbroker. It had poor photos & was described as only being "in very good" condition! :)

#14 · (Edited)
You betcha!
I had asked the seller about the firing pin before the auction ended & he said there was no number on it. When it arrived, I forgot about the pin while disassemblying the pistol to check all the numbers. Then, I ran back into the other room & pulled the pin out of it's pocket & yee-hawww! I'm suprised the neighbors didn't call the police with all the wooping & hollering I did!

#16 · (Edited)
Here is my rig, though notquite in the same league as some of the others here. Its an all matching, including mag, 20.5 date T-14. Came with the Nagoya proofed rubberized canvas holster with shoulder straps, rod and spare pin, but the pin is not matched to the pistol. If I had to guess I would say the soldier had a pile of pistols and a pile of holsters in front of him and grabbed one of each. Anyway, its one of my favorite weapons. I really prefer the late stuff, the crudeness is beautiful to me. Sorry for the blurryness of the pic, it was what I already had saved. It's also my avatar.

Attachments

#17 ·
Ya know - it's funny, my pistol collecting is limited (pretty much) to the 8 examples I have now. For the T-14s I wanted the earliest & latest examples I could get. I have a beautiful 4 date Tokyo & this pistol for my late example. I'd love to have a 20-something date but have to settle for this 19.10. Can't give this up for anything later but less complete!
Oh yeah, I did throw in a really nice 14.9 date (1st month of the LTG) - looks real nice between the other two examples. Rampage, came up with the second matching mag for it! :)

#19 ·
Nice! The holster looks to be dated Showa 17 (although the mark between the "Sho" mark and the mark for 7 is blurred). The marks below that are the Nagoya arsenal mark and the "Na" inspection mark.

#20 ·
Lotsa nice looking rigs on here. My holster only has the "na" inspection mark under the flap. Was this done on the later holsters only? Has no date or arsenal marks and is all rubberized canvas, including the pin pouch. In fact the holster is so stiff I cant get the pin out of the pouch anymore as the ammo pouch flap edge where it's sewn to the body won't move enough!

#21 ·
The holster in my 19.10 rig above has only the "Na" mark as well. I think these may well be the very last made holsters. I have seen dated rubberized holsters running up to Showa 19, but I've never seen a 20 date holster.

#22 · (Edited)
"Transitional T-14"

Might as well show this on the "new & improved" side of Gunboards. This is my 14.9 date, two matching mags (1 thanks to Rampage), "N" marked cleaning rod (correct for this date), "To" marked striker - just like the one in the pistol (neither are numbered), and a 14 date holster.
Photo is somewhat grainy - need to take new pics of this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.