Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lucked out at our local Dunham's. They moved/opened a new store and doubled the gun selection.

I found a VG condition 1928 Tula Hex with a MO/53 stamp as well. $125 after tax. (I'll get pics as soon as I get the new camera, it died...) Every now and then I find a good on the shelf. Suprised me since I've seen them running around $200+ in the flyers. Good deal eh?

I was told I was just 4 hours too late on a Hex M44 they got in. Went for the regular M44 price at the time of $129 (high for our C&R's but not too bad for Dunhams). What would this be going for on the collector's market?

Howard

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Hex M44s are probably a $200 item now.

Great buy on the Tula Ex-dragoon MO! Is that one with the star or the cyrillic lettering on the shank?

BTW, keep you eyes peeled for a Dunhams sale. They will price protect on previous purchases. ;)

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
MO pic: with question for 7.62!

I finally got the new camera. Here's the MO I got at the Dunhams for $125 ($119+tax). Best part is I was in today and was told that I can get $30 back with my receipt since they are on sale until tomorrow for $89!!!!! They have a nice 1923 Izzy on hold for me. I'll have ended up with a Tula MO (1928/53) and a Izzy 1923 for $89+tax each. I think that even beats my current deals with the C&R!

Noticed on 7.62x54r.net that this was standard for pre-1928, and a star was post-1928. Was it a mix of the two during 1928? Was one use more?

Howard

·
Sponsor
1,003 Posts
That's a good, strong stamping you got on yours and it was a good deal, especially after the rebate their going to give you. Congratulations.

Regards,
Eric

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
I finally got the new camera. Here's the MO I got at the Dunhams for $125 ($119+tax). Best part is I was in today and was told that I can get $30 back with my receipt since they are on sale until tomorrow for $89!!!!! They have a nice 1923 Izzy on hold for me. I'll have ended up with a Tula MO (1928/53) and a Izzy 1923 for $89+tax each. I think that even beats my current deals with the C&R!

Noticed on 7.62x54r.net that this was standard for pre-1928, and a star was post-1928. Was it a mix of the two during 1928? Was one use more?

Howard
I hate you! :mad:;)

Nice find, great price. :D Only thing I will offer is that "Izhevsk" is only a couple more letters than "Izzy" and distinguishes it from an Enfield, the most butt-ugly rifle ever made. :cool:

·
Mr. Flashy Pants
7,380 Posts

Howard
Yes, both marks were used in 1928, but the later one is pretty uncommon so it must have changed late in the year.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Izzy and Ishy are not the same. They don't look the same. That said, it really doesn't save much time to abbreviate either.

As for Gander Mountain honoring prices, I just wish they'd get the inventory. I found some Tula M44's back in the spring but haven't hit it right or haven't seen any MN's since then.

Here's a picture of a 1928 Tula without the MO and a 1928 Izhevsk with new stamping style. I also have another 1928 Izhevsk with the older style but don't have a picture right now.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Unbelievable Deals! Congrats. Wish Dumbhands would
open a store in Va. Goose Mtn. recently opened in
Richmond area(have not reconned yet) anyone find
any deals there ? Have heard that the Cumberland, Md.
store will not sell to a Va. res (even w/C&R), long
gun C&R purchase. Yes or No ? Will continue to call
them Dumbhands until.......

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Howard
Well they got mixed up and had my info on a 1927 Tula instead of the 1923 and sold it. Oh well maybe the next sale!

7.62, feel free to use the info/pic/whatever you need for your website and database if you desire

Howard

1 - 11 of 11 Posts