1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
105,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
6,263 Posts
I wonder what, if anything, might be made of the fact that 2 of the 3 bidders were new, or at least had no feedback rating. :confused:

SlimTim

·
Super Moderator
105,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was a pretty nice m/94. Probably went to the highest range of one in that condition. Maybe just a little higher too. But not too far out of range in my opinion. Nice "original" and matching m/94's are tough to find.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Nice carbine indeed.

You don't see many like that in good condition, matching and in original configuration. Vanilla year, with over 14,000 produced, but still ...

I bought a 1906 (<700 on record) last year for almost that much but with the 1914 modification:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Makes $900

for a matching "cherry" at the Asheville, NC show a few weeks ago look like a bargain basement sale. Sure is pretty.

·
Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member
8,600 Posts
Bore disc ?????

The bore disc are not usually seen on carbines since most were surplused by the Swedish government without being upgraded . There are probably some that are correct with a bore disc , but more than likely Bubba added it . No way of telling for sure . It has been upgraded with a range plate over top of the decal . So , anything is possible .

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Bore Disc vs Unit Disc....

The bore disc are not usually seen on carbines since most were surplused by the Swedish government without being upgraded . There are probably some that are correct with a bore disc , but more than likely Bubba added it . No way of telling for sure . It has been upgraded with a range plate over top of the decal . So , anything is possible .
Swede & Guys: Got one here, with a curved surface disc, ie: matches the countour of the stock, marked "I 6-- No3XX"...Has the table of corrections nailed to the stock. Stock and Handguard do not match, as well as the bayonet lug assembly, but the bolt and floor plate and the middle band match. IF the one in the auction had a bore condition disc, they would have to cut the inletting flat, to accept the later model flat disc, right?? I will post the pix as soon as I can...Got it at a good price and it is un-fooled with....

Dale

·
Registered
221 Posts
vonmazur,

In the later years of general use these parts could have been matched up in Sweden. However, many of these rifles were imported by Interarms as parts guns and the parts were mated together then. I think your thoughts on the inletting for the stockdisc is flawed. All things being equal if you put two screws of a stockdisc, one top and one bottom pulling down into a reccess that is curved then the disc will bend. If you put just one screw in the center then it won't bend the disc. Still, unless you wobble a Forsner type bit from top to bottom the reccess will be flat...Jim

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Disc inletting

Thanks for the reply, I was noticing that the rifles recently imported had totally flat inletting, and this carbine has what looks like, hand cut inletting, that follows the contour of the stock, instead of the usual cut with a Forshner style bit. It is this difference that I wondered about. The Rifles have a center screw, and this carbine has two screws, and I was wondering about the difference....I will try to post pix of this disc, which is made concave, not just bent.

Dale

·
Registered
221 Posts
I don't know how these reccesses were bored into the stock. I have rifles that have never had a disc installed and they exibit the center guide hole that would be made by a brace and bit or Forsner type bit used to make the reccess. I've seen pictures of some equipment used by the Swede's to build these rifles and some were very plain and simple. I don't believe the Swede's would have hand cut a round hole. For one that would be very hard to make consistantly round. I still believe a bit would have been used. A brace and bit would have been easy to rock back and forth to create a curved bottom to the reccess. I don't know if that would have been a standard thing to do or just what happened when "Joe Swede" cut some of the holes. Also being that many of these stocks have been reworked over time it's possable that the reccess may have been made a little deeper by hand just so the disc would set deeper into the reccess. I doen't guess we will ever know how all these things ended up the way they have. Still it's my opinion the reccesses would have been cut witha bit...Jim

1 - 13 of 13 Posts