Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
5,027 Posts
Well, it's marked sold NOW! I've already got a 1941, mine is just "D" marked though. Matching bolt, mismatched buttplate and mag. Finn style knurled cleaning rod, and not import marked.

It's the carbine I took a huge buck with back in 2014 in Upstate NY.

Bottle Glass bottle Alcoholic beverage Drink Automotive tire
Shotgun Air gun Trigger Line Red

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
I picked up a very nice M38 dated 1941 about 5 or 6 years ago for $125. It has been counter bored about 3/8" back from the muzzle but shoots very well. The trigger pull was somewhat stiff but I cleaned up the sear. It lets the firing pin drop at about 2 1/2 pounds pull now. Shooting my military 7.62x54mm ball ammo and a good rest the M38 will group in less than 3" at 100 yds. I believe I could beat that with my own reloaded ammo. Too bad the M38's are no longer imported.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I picked up a very nice M38 dated 1941 about 5 or 6 years ago for $125. It has been counter bored about 3/8" back from the muzzle but shoots very well. The trigger pull was somewhat stiff but I cleaned up the sear. It lets the firing pin drop at about 2 1/2 pounds pull now. Shooting my military 7.62x54mm ball ammo and a good rest the M38 will group in less than 3" at 100 yds. I believe I could beat that with my own reloaded ammo. Too bad the M38's are no longer imported.
I picked up a couple M38's last week for $300, but how do you remember what you paid 5 or 6 years ago? Anyway accounting for inflation the price has remained fairly flat.

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
I have my draft email ready to go and refreshed my email for two hours. I was happy to see Dennis’s email “You GOT it!”
Congratulations. I was not expecting something that cool to be available.

Honestly, I was already having an anxiety attack over which gun I had to sell to pay for it as I have three guns I purchased this week incoming. Lol

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
It didn't seem that you were looking it up, but remembering it from 5, or 6 years ago. Good memory! The gun sticks with me better than the price, I paid. The ones I paid too much for, I probably prefer to forget.
I keep all of my firearms on a spreadsheet. I know what I paid for all of them. The date I bought them and everything.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts