Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of all places, I was at an antique tractor and engine show in South Florida and picked up a German practice stick grenade. A friend called it a Hitler Youth practice grenade. All wood with a steel sleeve for the head held in with one wood screw. Any thoughts on what it is?

·
Registered
6,065 Posts
Looks to be of the correct style. I don't know that the Hitler Youth would have used something different ? I believe there were several variations of WWII practice stick grenades. I think some of the wooden handles on these had a letter code for the manufacture.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have a great uncle who was about ten years old when the war ended, he grew up in rural Bavaria. One of his most vivid memories was seeing the local Volkssturm detachment practicing with those grenades in a field on the edge of town. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is pretty awesome. Cherish the time and the memories spent with your uncle.

I have a great uncle who was about ten years old when the war ended, he grew up in rural Bavaria. One of his most vivid memories was seeing the local Volkssturm detachment practicing with those grenades in a field on the edge of town. Thanks for sharing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.