Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the recent VGCA show while warking around I spotted this nice MAS36 in .22. I know you die-hard French collectors see them more than I BUT the last one I saw for sale was in 1968 at a Slidel Louisiana gun show . The one in 1968 was $150 , this one was $500 still not bad. In 1968 I passed on the first one because I and the seller did not have a .22 cartidge adapter. WELL guss what , I STILL have the same problem ..no adapter so if any one has a extra or knows of one for sale let me know please! AND a repro would be ok if it works.
Unknow for me in 1968 I was soon to be on my way to a show where I could get all the MAS 36's I wanted FREE , well ALMOST FREE ...we called it Viet NAM! I did bring back a VIET CONG copy but that is a story for another day!
BACK TO THE .22>>> The owner was breaking up a collection of training rifles and the MAS36 was the last one for sale!
Thought you all would like to know THE GOODIES ARE STILL OUT THERE TO BE FOUND!

Attachments

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In response to orcmastiffs. I removed the handguard and front wood and found no markings on the bbl. Also there are no dates on the receiver. Maybe the very early ones were not dated?
Johnny G

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You are correct Scotty, there is one.BUT, it is so light I missed it. All I can see with the glass is a S on the right. Stock does not look sanded.Any ideas on how to bring it out any?
jJohnny G

1 - 3 of 3 Posts