Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
3,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lucked out on this auction with bad pics and descriptions, my spidey sense was tingling and thought I would take a chance, there is the usual 91/30 pack, nothing special but always nice to have, finn hangers which I really needed, muzzle cover for, I think a mauser, had one before I didn't need either. An SVT tool kit (no pouch though) I think it is for a svt38 right? Is it complete besides the pouch? The brush doesn't look right though. An Izhevsk single oiler, Some small SVT parts, gas regulator, muzzle extension and I assume the small screw goes to the SVT just not sure where, not sure what the leather and brass piece is for but it sure seems familiar. The oiler bottle is kind of neat, any idea what it goes too? Any idea where I can get an SVT tool pouch? Anything else you notice is appreciated, this is a bit out of my wheelhouse.

·
Platinum Bullet Member and Certified Curmudgeon
15,506 Posts
The leather and brass piece is a frog for a K98k sling. Either early German or maybe Yugo if it has a BK on the back side.

Regards,
Bill

·
Platinum Bullet Member and Certified Curmudgeon
15,506 Posts
thanks Bill, it has a v in a circle stamped on the back nothing else. Are those fairly common?
Yes, fairly common. The circle V is also a Yugo mark. Usually you see a circle BK.

Regards,
Bill

·
Silver Bullet Member
3,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think it is the little piece you knock out to get the muzzle brake to slide off. I had to look it up though because it didn't look familiar to me either.

Interesting. I thought the hole was too small.

I own several SVTs. Ashamed to admit I cant imagine what that part is?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts