Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this up at NGD on Sunday for $150. It is a 1945 Izhevsk with all matching numbers, it is refurb'd and is a CAI import. The bore is an absolute mirror, which i am very happy with. It came with the full rig. I have only a limited knowledge of Nagants as I am more of a Mosin Nagant guy. Is this an uncommon year? I think i remember reading that Izhevsk produced fewer revolvers than Tula did. Any comments and/or info is appreciated. Enjoy the pics.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Nice revolver. You can find a thread with production figures by year using the search function (may also be a sticky at the top.)

I don't recall seeing the K with a circle stamp before. Do you see a refurb mark on this one...a square box with a central vertical dividing line, creating two rectangles?)

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It doesnt have a refurb mark, but i figured it was do to the use of quite a few Tula parts. I know a circle k on a Mosin Nagant is a point of aim proof, however i dont know about the Nagant.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
It doesn't show refurb proofs, however it has been repaired. 1945 Izhevsk were NOT made with Tula parts. I see a 1929-31 hammer and trigger guard at least. The side plate has been touched up with a belt sander. The circle K mark is not a point of aim proof, it would be on the other side in front of the cylinder on the frame. The 'K' mark was not used on Izhevsk revolvers.
The cylinder is original and correct - this is a good lesson: the face of the cylinder has fine turn marks from a lathe rather than milling marks from a big surface mill. It also has the correct OTK mark for Izhevsk on the cylinder face which is not seen on replacement cylinders.
Joe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.